Motorola Moto G8 Plus (codename: doha) launched in October 2019. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Today we will guide on How to Install OmniROM on Moto G8 Plus. This ROM is based on both Android 10 Q.
To Install this Custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery. We had already shared the method to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP Recovery on Moto G8 Plus. If you already installed TWRP, then you probably might be waiting for Custom ROM for Moto G8 Plus. If yes, then here is the popular custom ROM known as Omni ROM.
It comes with a 6.3-inches IPS LCD display with a 1080×2280 pixels resolution and a 19:9 aspect ratio as well. It’s powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 SoC, coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. While the storage can be expandable up to 512GB via a MicroSD card. The device runs on Android 9.0 Pie with pure Android UI out-of-the-box. It sports a non-removable 4,000 mAh battery which supports fast charging as well. In terms of the camera department, the Moto G8 Plus has a triple rear camera setup of a 48 MP primary (f/1.79) + a secondary 16 MP camera (f/2.2) + a third 5MP camera (f/2.2). While it has PDAF, HDR, Panorama, and an LED flash. On the front side, the handset features a 25 MP selfie shooter with an f/2.0 aperture lens.
What’s on OmniROM?
Omni ROM is the latest Custom ROM developed by many developers whom you may already know including Chainfire, Xplodwild, and Dees_Troy. This ROM is based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and developed with lots of customization, features, and enhancement. Just like every other custom ROM, Omni ROM also has some unique features:
- Flippable Quick Settings
- Roadrunner mode
- Daydream enhancements
- Integrated Performance Control
- 3D depth Phase Beam
- Motorola Moto G8 Plus Stock Firmware: How to Install Stock ROM
- How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Moto G8 Plus | Android 10 Q
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G8 Plus and root using Magisk
- Common Problems in Motorola Moto G8 Plus and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Motorola Moto G8 Plus
In this guide, we will help you to install Omni ROM on Moto G8 Plus (doha). Full Credits to the developer and Omni ROM team.
Now download and install OmniROM on Moto G8 Plus. This is an Unofficial Omni ROM built from source code by XDA member. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM on Moto G8 Plus by flashing the Stock Firmware.
Remember this is not a stable ROM, but still, you can use it as a daily driver. In Case if you find any issue, you can revert back. The ROM is under development stage, the developer may soon release the stable version anytime soon.
To Install OmniROM on Moto G8 Plus or any Custom ROM, your phone must have TWRP Recovery or any custom Recovery installed. If you don’t have one, then first install TWRP Recovery on your Moto G8 Plus.
Download ROM Package
Android 10 Q based OmniROM
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
|Download ROM here
Download Any Gapps from below:
Steps to Install OmniROM on Moto G8 Plus (doha)
Follow the pre-requisites to install OmniROM on Moto G8 Plus (doha)
- This will work on Moto G8 Plus (doha) (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Install the Latest Motorola USB Drivers
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Instal
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Moto G8 Plus
- Now boot into fastboot mode on your device
- Run the adb command window by pressing Shift key + Right mouse click
- unzip the ROM file and move it inside the ADB folder
- Now run the command below
fastboot -w fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot reboot
That’s it! I hope you have installed the OmniROM on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.