Xiaomi Redmi 4X mobile features a 5..-inches display with a screen resolution of HD (720 x 1280 pixels) and runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS out of the box. The device later upgraded to Android Nougat. So far we dunno whether thos device will receive official Android 8.0 Oreo update. Until then you can try our Custom ROM based on Android Oreo build. Today we will guide on How to Install OmniROM on Redmi 4X. This ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo [Santoni].
To Install this Custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery. First Unlock Bootloader and then install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 4X (Santoni). If you already installed TWRP, then you probably might be waiting for Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 4X (Santoni). If yes, then here is the first Custom ROM based on Android Oreo was known as Omni ROM.
Omni ROM is the latest Custom ROM developed by many developers whom you may already know including Chainfire, Xplodwild, and Dees_Troy. This ROM is based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and developed with lots of customization, features, and enhancement. Just like every other custom ROM, Omni ROM also has some unique features:
- Flippable Quick Settings
- Roadrunner mode
- Daydream enhancements
- Integrated Performance Control
- 3D depth Phase Beam
In this guide, we will help you to install Omni ROM on Redmi 4X. This ROM is developed by XDA Senior member, Sahroni_AL_Dika in XDA forum. Full Credits to the developer and Omni ROM team.
Now download and install OmniROM on Redmi 4X. This is an Unofficial Omni ROM built from source code by XDA member. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM on Redmi 4X by flashing the Stock Firmware.
Remember this is not a stable ROM, but still, you can use it as a daily driver. In Case if you find any issue, you can revert back. The ROM is under development stage, the developer may soon release the stable version anytime soon.
If you want to try Android 8.1.0 Oreo OS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install OmniROM on Redmi 4X based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
To Install OmniROM on Redmi 4X or any Custom ROM, your phone must have TWRP Recovery or any custom Recovery installed. If you don’t have one, then first install TWRP Recovery on your Redmi 4X (Santoni).
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
- Auto Fills
What’s Working and What’s Not?
- Wifi - Hotspot - Bluetooth - Audio Bluetooth - GPS - Sound ( Speaker & Headset ) - RIL ( Calls , SMS , Data ) - IR & All Sensor - FPC - Goodix ? - Light RGB - Etc NOT WORKING: - Camera - Flashlight - You Know Anymore ?
- This will work on Redmi 4X (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Here is the Full Guide on OmniROM on Redmi 4X to Android 8.1 Oreo
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi 4X
- Now install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 4X. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Omni Oreo ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Omni Oreo ROM on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.