Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (codename: whyred) launched in May 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and later upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie. Today we will guide on How to Install OmniROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro. This ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie and also we have the official Android 8.1 Oreo base build.
To Install this Custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery. We had already shared the method to unlock bootloader and install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. If you already installed TWRP, then you probably might be waiting for Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. If yes, then here is the first Custom ROM based on Android Oreo was known as Omni ROM.
Omni ROM is the latest Custom ROM developed by many developers whom you may already know including Chainfire, Xplodwild, and Dees_Troy. This ROM is based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and developed with lots of customization, features, and enhancement. Just like every other custom ROM, Omni ROM also has some unique features:
- Flippable Quick Settings
- Roadrunner mode
- Daydream enhancements
- Integrated Performance Control
- 3D depth Phase Beam
- Download Syberia Project OS for Redmi Note 5 Pro based Android Pie
- Download OxygenOS ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro with Pie [Ported]
- Download and Update ArrowOS on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro with Android 9.0 Pie
- Download and Update PixysOS on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro with Android 9.0 Pie
In this guide, we will help you to install Omni ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred). Full Credits to the developer and Omni ROM team.
Now download and install OmniROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro. This is an Unofficial Omni ROM built from source code by XDA member. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro by flashing the Stock Firmware.
Remember this is not a stable ROM, but still, you can use it as a daily driver. In Case if you find any issue, you can revert back. The ROM is under development stage, the developer may soon release the stable version anytime soon.
To Install OmniROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro or any Custom ROM, your phone must have TWRP Recovery or any custom Recovery installed. If you don’t have one, then first install TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Table of Contents
Download ROM Package
Android 8.1 Oreo based OmniROM
Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest iteration of the Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Thanks to XDA Developer: kapiljhajhria
|Download ROM here
Download Any Gapps from below:
Android 9.0 Pie based OmniROM
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Thanks to XDA Developer: khan_frd2002
|Download ROM here
Download Any Gapps from below:
Steps to Install OmniROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred)
Follow the pre-requisites to install OmniROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred)
- This will work on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred) (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Now install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Omni Oreo ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the OmniROM on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads