Samsung has recently started the One UI 2.0 Beta program based on Android 10 for its Samsung Galaxy S10 series and Galaxy Note 10 series devices. As we all know that Android 10 was launched officially in September 2019 and currently rolling out to most of the eligible devices. However, Samsung devices are running on Android 9 Pie over One UI. While in South Korea, Europe, the USA region, Samsung Galaxy S10, and Note 10 series devices are receiving the One UI 2.0 Beta program update those who are registered. You can register via the official Samsung Members app on your device directly. Once registered, you will soon get the update via OTA. But XDA Developers are the best in class in pulling out the APK files, ROM files from the sources and sharing with people. Here is the guide on How to Install One UI 2.0 Beta on Samsung Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus devices.
Thanks to the Cyber John, Junior Member of XDA who has found the time to pull out the UPDATE.ZIP file from the international Galaxy S10, S10e, and S10 Plus (SM-G97xF) variants only. It’s worth mentioning that the update of One UI 2.0 is in beta mode and contains some bugs or stability issues. So, before installing the update on your Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, or S10+ model, follow the full guide. In Germany, the software update comes with G973FXXU3ZSJ8, G970FXXU3ZSJ8, and G975FXXU3ZSJ8 for S10, S10e, and S10+ respectively.
Additionally, thanks to the senior member of XDA, henklbr, for sharing the build and guide with us. However, the region code is DBT that is for German models only. But the S10 series Exynos processor device model numbers are the same as the German Exynos S10 series models. Therefore, the new Android 10 based One UI 2.0 Beta can be installed on other Exynos chipset S10 models easily.
Software CSC for the UPDATE.ZIP
The UPDATE.ZIP file can be installed on the following CSC based devices. Check out the list:
SM-G975F OXM multi CSC: (ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MXO MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PEO PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK SMP THL THR TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR XEF XEH XEO XEU XEZ XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV)
Single CSC: (BTC BTU CPW DOO EMP GLB GTO LYS MAT MM1 NZC OPS SER SIN SIO SMA STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VNZ WTL XFA XFV XNZ XSA)
- Make sure that this is a beta update file. So, don’t expect stable performance.
- Samsung has recently released the official October 2019 Android Security Patch level to the Samsung Galaxy S10 lineup devices. Your device should run on the latest software version having the build number G97xFXXS3ASII.
- Take a complete backup of your device data before doing anything. As this is a beta build update, it may occur performance issues. Therefore, you can easily get back the device data if in case anything goes wrong.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- The given UPDATE.ZIP files are only supported on Multi-CSC OXM devices. Dial *#1234# and check the OXM is under the CSC-build or not.
Download One UI 2.0 Beta on Samsung Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10: Beta1 (14 Oct) ASII – ZSJ8: G973F_ASII_ZSJ8
- S10e: Beta1 (14 Oct) ASII – ZSJ8: G970F_ASII_ZSJ8
- S10+: Beta1 (14 Oct) ASII – ZSJ8: G975F_ASII_ZSJ8
- It has issues with ‘android.process.media’.
- It can be fixed via selecting Settings > Apps > Show system applications in the upper-right corner.
- Select “Media Storage” > Storage > Delete Data.
- Then select “Sec Media Storage” > Storage > Clear Data.
If you’re already registered for the One UI 2.0 beta program then you will soon receive the OTA update. Don’t flash it manually. But if in case, you haven’t registered yet, follow the manual flashing process. Now, let’s take a look at the steps of One UI 2.0 Beta installation on Galaxy S10 trio. A special thanks to @madvinegar, a senior member of XDA.
Steps to Install One UI 2.0 Beta on Samsung Galaxy S10 Series
- First, you need to download the SDK platform-tools on your computer.
- Then extract the file on your desktop.
- Open the extracted folder and put the update.zip (downloaded firmware) file after renaming it.
- Now, inside the folder just press and hold the left shift + right-mouse-click together.
- You will see “open command prompt here”. Open it.
- Turn off your phone and enter into Stock Recovery Mode. (Press and Hold the Power + Bixby + Volume Up buttons together for a few seconds)
- Now, select “update via ADB”. (Scroll up and down via volume buttons and select via power button)
- Then connect your phone to the PC by using the original Samsung USB cable. (Recommended)
- Next, run the following command in the command prompt windows:
- Wait for a few seconds in order to see that the daemon has been started and your device is found.
- If your device is found, then type the following command and hit enter again:
./adb sideload update.zip
- The update process will start automatically. It will take some time, so please be patient. You will see a percentage of counting as well on the screen.
- First of all, it will verify and then patch the file. Don’t move the USB cable, or your phone, or disconnect the phone, or power off the device/PC during the flashing process.
- Once the process is completed then your Samsung phone will boot automatically. Again this booting process, updating the apps may take some time. Your device will enter into the home screen over One UI 2.0 Beta version.
- Now, go to the stock Recovery again by pressing and holding the Power + Bixby + Volume Up buttons together for a few seconds. Then Clear the CACHE. (It’s necessary)
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the One UI 2.0 Beta on Samsung Galaxy S10 device. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries or go to the original XDA thread for support.