Today Samsung is rolling out the One UI 3.1 update for Galaxy M01s that includes a build number M017FXXU2CUG1 on top of Android 11. So, if you’re also one of the Galaxy M01s users, you can easily download and install the One UI 3.1 update by following this article. It’s needless to say that the handset is receiving the latest July 2021 Android Security Patch Level with increased security measures and lesser vulnerabilities.
The update is surfaced for the global variant of Galaxy M01s across multiple EU and Asian countries and more on the go. The firmware update weighs around 1.7GB in size which is enough for an incremental release. It basically introduces Google Discover on the home screen, better location management for images, a couple of user interface tweaks, etc.
What’s New in One UI 3.1?
As the name suggests, One UI 3.1 is the successor version of the previous generation One UI 3.0 for Samsung devices. Initially, Samsung is rolling out the One UI 3.1 update to its eligible Android 11 running smartphones or tablet devices across the globe. The One UI 3.1 update also comes with the latest July 2021 Android Security Patch Level at the time of writing this article. While talking about the new features, we’ve mentioned all the One UI 3.1 features below.
Check OTA Updates
As the firmware update is rolling out in an incremental way, you may not receive the OTA update notification at the same time. It’s better to manually check for the OTA update from the device Settings > System > System Updates > Check for Updates. If there is an update available, just Download and Install it.
Ensure to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network for a stable and faster update. Meanwhile, you should also keep your device charged around 50% at least to avoid any occasional shutdowns during the update process. However, if there is no update available for your handset in the European region then make sure to follow the stock firmware flashing guide below.
- Device Name: Galaxy M01s
- Region: Europe
- Build Number: M017FXXU2CUG1
- Skin Version: One UI 3.1
- Android OS Version: Android 11
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-07-01
Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy M01s
If you’ve made up your mind that you’re going to manually flash the stock firmware on your Galaxy M01s device without waiting further, you’ll need to follow all the steps carefully.
- This particular firmware (M017FXXU2CUG1) only supports Galaxy M01s (European variant).
- As usual, keep your device charged enough (50% or above) for a worry-free firmware installation.
- You’ll require a computer and a USB cable to connect your handset with the computer.
- Before doing anything else, make sure to take a full data backup of your device files to avoid data loss.
Firmware Installation Guide:
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy M01s stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- If you want to check our full-depth video tutorial, you can do that also.
We assume this guide was useful to you. For further queries, let us know in the comment below.