OnePlus 7 Pro is the most talked about smartphone till now. The bold design, the pop-up motorized camera, and the beastly specs make it a worth buying phone for this half of the year, at least. OnePlus is also known for its clean and almost stock Android experience via its Oxygen OS. New and enhanced features are constantly updated and rolled out for devices but, this time OnePlus 7 has hit the nail on its head.
The OnePlus 7 Pro has started receiving its first update since launch and version 9.5.7 brings a lot of changes and bug fixes for the device. It has not yet confirmed whether the update has permanently fixed the issue of Phantom touch on the smartphone but, it is a start and for the confirmation, we will have to wait. Phantom touch issue was reported by many users, and according to an article from AndroidPolice, some crazy phantom touches appeared in a video which you can see below;
Steps to Download
You can manually check for the update if you have not received any notifications from the system server. You can follow the below steps to check for the update in your system settings manually;
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to System Update.
- And let it check for an update.
- If the device picks up the update, you can download it.
- It is 127 MB in size.
- If you are not getting any update even by manually checking it, do not lose hope as it is a staged rollout with only a few users getting it today.
The official changelog that this update brings to your OnePlus 7 Pro can be seen below;
- Improved overall contrast and color performance
- Improved white balance consistency of triple camera
- Improved accuracy and stability of autofocusing
- Fixed issue of greenish tone in some low light scenes
- Fixed issue of noise in some HDR scenes
- Improved contrast and color saturation of ultra wide
- Improved clarity and noise reduction in low light scene of ultra wide
- Improved clarity and noise reduction of telephoto
- Improved clarity and color of Nightscape
- Improved brightness and clarity in an extremely low light scene of Nightscape
If you wish to see detailed changes what this update brings to your device, then you head to the official OnePlus forum from here.
- Optimized Double Tap to Wake
- Fixed issues with Ambient Display
- Improved the audio quality for voice calls from third-party apps
- Improved touch sensitivity for screen
Other fixes include the optimization for the double tap to wake which was reported by many users on Reddit complaining about the double tap to wake not working on their OnePlus 7 Pro. Moreover, the update also includes the fixes for the ambient display and voice quality on various third-party applications.
The Camera application sees a lot of improvements ranging from color, contrast, the overall performance of the camera, improved white balance consistency of the triple rear camera setup, and improved accuracy and stability of autofocusing. Besides, the greenish tone reported by some users while taking low light pictures also seems to be fixed with this update. OnePlus 7 Pro was also suffering from the saturation in Ultra Wide shots which is also fixed with this update. The low light images taken from the Ultra Wide lens will also see less noise and more clarity and color with this new update. The NightScape mode which is the OnePlus version of the NightMode also sees such great quality enhancements and noise reductions.
This a great news for the OnePlus 7 Pro owners as they are getting their issues addressed by the company very soon and the company also delivered it right in time without any delay. If such updates can bring so many improvements to the camera then, you can also expect from OnePLus to release more future updates that will tweak the camera and improve its overall performance.
Source: OnePlus forum