Google today released the first update for the latest smartphone for the year 2017 with Verizon Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo update. This is the first device to release with latest Android version ‘Android 8.0 Oreo’ followed by Xperia XZ1. The build number of the first initial version comes out with OPD3.170816.012.
The update has started to roll out for all the Verizon users with Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. Now you can update with build number OPD3.170816.012. The update brings the September 2017 Security Patch.
Along with Security Patch, Verizon also fixed some of the regular bug fixes and made some improvements. We recommend installing the latest OTA update on your device. The OTA is sent in a phase-wise manner. If you are running Stock ROM without root on Verizon, then you may receive the OTA update anytime soon. You can either check the notification or else you can manually see if there is an update.
To check for the OTA update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> System updates and see if there is any new update of OPD3.170816.012 Oreo Factory Images for Verizon Pixel 2 and 2 XL.
In case if you not yet received the update, and you can’t wait for the official OTA. Then, you need not worry, Here we will guide you to install the latest OTA update via Fastboot. Google released the latest Factory images for the OPD3.170816.012 September Security Patch for Verizon Pixel 2 and 2 XL. Now download and install the latest OPD3.170816.012 Oreo Factory Images for Verizon Pixel 2 and 2 XL.
Now you can download the latest factory image from the below-given download link to your Verizon Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. Do remember that this will wipe all the data and apps on your device. So before flashing the Factory image on Verizon Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, Take a complete backup. Also, charge your phone for 50% battery before flashing Oreo Factory Images.
In this tutorial, we will guide to Download and install OPD3.170816.012 Android Oreo 8.0 on your Verizon Pixel 2 and 2 XL device. The guide is simple to follow, By following this guide, you can manually install the OPD3.170816.012 Android Oreo 8.0 straight into your phone. Before stepping into installation process of OPD3.170816.012 Android Oreo 8.0.
To Find out What’s new in Android 8.0 Oreo, Check this Post.
Simple steps install OPD3.170816.012 Oreo on Verizon Pixel 2 and 2 XL :
- You are required to unlock the bootloader of your handset that remains in an activated mode before you can flash the system image of Android 8.0 Oreo on your phone. Having done that you can move ahead to the second step.
- To run Android Debug Bridge commands on your Android device you first have to install the ABD and Fastboot drivers on your windows/MAC. After that, the ADB folder icon will be instantly visible on either your desktop or C:/ADB i.e. Windows C drive.
- Next step is to extract the files of Android O Developer by opening the ADB folder. It is the file that you downloaded in Step 2 which has been saved on your C drive.
- As the next step long press and hold the ‘Shift” key and right-click on Android Debug Bridge folder to select ‘Open command window here.’
- In the command prompt windows need to enter a command for which tour phone has to be connected to your computer system. The command is as follow:
- Using the following command boot your handset into bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone will now automatically reboot itself into the bootloader mode
- Finally, you can now begin the installation of Android Oreo 8.0 on your phone device. Firstly, open the Android O files that are present inside the folder of ADB and simultaneously locate the flash-all script. To run the files double click on it to begin the installing process on your phone.
- You will be asked to press any key to exit as soon as you are through with flashing the Android 8.0 Oreo. Please do not exit from the terminal unless you are asked to do so.
- Lastly, all you need to do is reboot your Android device and begin your experience with Android 8.0 Oreo.
I hope you have successfully installed OPD3.170816.012 Oreo Factory Images/OTA for Pixel 2 and 2 XL.