Today Motorola Started testing the latest Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto Z with build number OPL27.78. The update is a soak test build rolling to few users on their device running Stock ROM. Along with this build, your phone will upgrade to Google Security patch of December 2017. This update is a part of the trial purpose, if things go as planned, Motorola will also start rolling the same build to all across the globe with Moto Z users. As we stated, this OPL27.78 Moto Z Oreo Soak Test of Android Oreo is a Beta update.
The OPL27.78 Moto Z Oreo Soak Test is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) as we speak. This update is only for those who signed up for the Motorola feedback program. If you already signed up, then it may take some time to reach all the devices. We have also put up the OTA firmware download link. You can manually install it and avail the OPL27.78 Moto Z Oreo Soak Test. It brings all the features from Android 8.0 Oreo. Below you can find the download link and tutorial to install it.
Talking about the specs, Moto Z features a 5.5-inch QHD AMOLED touchscreen with 1440p AMOLED display. It is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 SoC coupled with 4GB of RAM and storage with 32GB or 64GB with microSD card support. The handset has a fingerprint sensor at the front panel and features a water-repellent coating. The Moto Z is backed by 2,600 mAh battery. Moto Z sports a 13 MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera.
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Instant App, Auto-fill API, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life etc.
Download OTA: OPL27.78 Moto Z Oreo Soak Test
You can download the OPL27.78 Moto Z Oreo Soak Test OTA in India in two ways. Either you manually capture the airborne OTA or manually install the OTA firmware.
If you signed up for beta test, then you can manually capture the OTA,
- In the Home screen, Tap on All apps, and then tap Settings.
- Go to About Phone.
- Tap System updates.
- Click on OK to check for the latest OS.
- If you have the update, Tap DOWNLOAD to download the update
- Wait for couple of hours to complete the download (depends on the speed)
- Once the download is completed, you will be prompted to install the new software.
- Tap the notification to begin the upgrade process.
- Tap OK to begin the update process to software version OPN27-74.
How To Install OPL27.78 Moto Z Android 8.0 Oreo Soak Test
Before proceeding with the manual flashing,
- If you are not in soak, then you don’t get next soak update via OTA
- Ensure that your phone is not rooted.
- This OTA is exclusively for Moto Z.
- Do not use this firmware on other Motorola devices.
- GetDroidTips is not responsible for any damage to your device while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
You will also require the Minimal ADB tool for flashing this OPL27.78 Moto Z Oreo Soak Test manually.