Essential Phone PH-1 started receiving the first beta update of Android Oreo. The update brings the latest version of Android 8.0 Oreo for Essential Phone PH-1. Now you can download the OTA Update zip package. The update brings the software version of OPM1.170911.130 Android Oreo Beta 1 for Essential Phone PH-1.
There is no official OTA update to download via the regular system update. As this is a beta update, you need to download the OTA update zip package and then sideload to your phone using ADB Fastboot method. We can expect the stable release of Android Oreo for Essential Phone very soon.
Table of Contents
Check Related Post:
- How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 For Essential Phone PH-1
- Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Essential Phone PH-1
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Essential Phone PH-1
Now you can download OPM1.170911.130 and install it manually by following our guide below on How to Install Android Oreo Beta 1 for Essential Phone PH-1 using ADB Sideload method. The guide is simple and easy. You need to first download the required files and extract it on your PC.
After the release of Android Oreo OTA update zip, the company has acknowledged some of the issues
- Increased battery drain with bluetooth enabled.
- Android Auto compatibility issues with some vehicles
This is a beta build, So expect bugs. While the above two bugs are present, we can’t guarantee how much stable is the ROM. There is a chance to find more bugs or issues in the first Oreo beta build.
If you are planning to give a try, then install the Oreo beta on your phone, be sure to give feedback to the Essential team to help them resolve issues and release a stable build of Android 8.0 Oreo for Essential Phone.
Well, if you didn’t know the feature of Android Oreo. Here is the quick recap:
What’s on Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/top-10-features-android-8-0-oreo/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#ed006c" color="#ffffff" size="10" wide="yes" center="yes" icon="icon: android" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]TOP 10 FEATURES OF ANDROID 8.0 OREO[/su_button]
Manually Sideload OPM1.170911.130 Oreo Beta 1 on Essential PH-1:
Before following this guide make sure you have all the requirements.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You need Laptop or PC.
- Working USB Cable.
- Charge your phone to at least 70% Battery.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
Download ROM HereDownload Oreo Beta 1 Update Zip Package How to Sideload ROMs Using ADB Sideload
I hope this guide will be helpful to install OPM1.170911.130 on Essential Phone.