Today Essential started seeding the new oreo update for Essential Phone PH-1. Earlier, the company rolled the second beta and with this update, this is the third Oreo update for the phone. The update comes with build number OPM1.170911.254 and weighs almost 106MB in size. If you already enrolled for the company’s Oreo beta program or you are running the Beta 1 || 2 update, then you should be seeing the OPM1.170911.254 Android Oreo Beta 3 anytime soon on your phone.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) and it is sent via phase-wise manner. With this update, the team has upgraded the Android Security Patch level to January 2018 along with fixes for Spectre and Meltdown.
To receive this update, either you should be running Android Oreo Beta or you can simply download the OTA package and sideload it on your phone using ADB Fastboot tool. Currently there is no official statement from the company about the final release or stable release.
Check Related Post:
- How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 For Essential Phone PH-1
- Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Essential Phone PH-1
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Essential Phone PH-1
By following our guide you can download OPM1.170911.254 Beta 3 and install it manually using ADB Sideload method. The guide is simple and easy. You need to first download the required files and extract it on your PC.
This is a beta build, So expect bugs. This is still in Beta build, we can’t guarantee how much stable is the ROM. There is a chance to find more bugs or issues in the Oreo beta build.
If you are planning to give a try, then install the Oreo beta on your phone, be sure to give feedback to the Essential team to help them resolve issues and release a stable build of Android 8.0 Oreo for Essential Phone. If you don’t like, the you can always revert back to Android Nougat ROM.
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/top-10-features-android-8-0-oreo/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#ed006c" color="#ffffff" size="10" wide="yes" center="yes" icon="icon: android" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]TOP 10 FEATURES OF ANDROID 8.0 OREO[/su_button]
Manually Sideload OPM1.170911.254 Oreo Beta 3 on Essential PH-1:
Before following this guide make sure you have all the requirements.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You need Laptop or PC.
- Working USB Cable.
- Charge your phone for at least 70% Battery.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
Download ROM Here
I hope this guide will be helpful to install OPM1.170911.254 on Essential Phone.