Google started pushing the latest OTA update for Google Pixel variants like Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2 and 2 XL for users in O2/UK. The update comes with build number OPM1.171019.014. With this update, Google has added the January 2018 Security Patch for the devices. Along with this update, Google also fixed regular bugs and improved the overall performance. The update is based on Android 8.1.0 Oreo.
The update has rolled via OTA for users in O2/UK models of the Google Pixel device variants. We recommend installing the latest OTA update on your device. The OTA is sent in a phase-wise manner. If you are running Stock ROM without root, then you may receive the OTA update on your phone anytime soon. You can either check the notification or else you can manually see if there is an update.
- Download OPM3.171019.013 January Security 2018 for Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P (OTA/Factory)
- Download OPM1.171019.012 January Security 2018 for Pixel and Pixel XL (OTA/Factory)
- Download OPM1.171019.013 January Security 2018 for Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL (OTA/Factory)
You can check the OTA update manually by following this:
Go to Settings -> About Phone -> System updates and see if there is any new update of OPM1.171019.014 Oreo Factory Images for Google Pixel devices. ie. Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, and Pixel 2 XL.
In case if there is no OTA update received and you don’t want wait. Then need not worry. Google released the latest Factory images for the OPM1.171019.014 January 2018 Security Patch for Google Pixel variant. Now download and install the latest OPM1.171019.014 Oreo Factory Images for Google Pixel devices in o2/UK Carrier.
Remember: This updatation via Factory image may wipe your data, so take a complete backup before something goes wrong. Also Charge your phone to 50% and more.
In this tutorial, we will guide to Download and install OPM1.171019.014 Android Oreo 8.1 on your Google Pixel devices. The guide is simple to follow, By following this guide, you can manually install the OPM1.171019.014 Android Oreo 8.1 straight into your phone. Before stepping into installation process of OPM1.171019.014 Android Oreo 8.1.
Google Pixel Factory image (sailfish)
Google Pixel XL Factory image (marlin)
Google Pixel 2 Factory image (walleye)
Google Pixel 2 XL Factory image (taimen)
Steps to Install OPM1.171019.014 Update via Factory image:
We don’t usually recommend this method to a newbie. So make sure you know what you are doing. Follow the pre-requisite before trying this method. With this method, you can flash the full factory images on your Pixel and Pixel XL
- First, Enable the USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on your device. Video Here on How to Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Pixel and Pixel XL || Unlock Bootloader on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
- Download and Install the ABD and Fastboot drivers on your windows/MAC.
Process to installation
- Once you have followed the below requirements, Now you can open the ADB fastboot folder on your PC. It may there either on your desktop or C:/ADB i.e. Windows C drive.
- Next step is to extract the files of OPM1.171019.014 and move the files to ADB folder.
- Now in the same ADB fastboot folder, press and hold the ‘Shift” key and right-click on anywhere inside the folder to select ‘Open command window here.’
- In the command prompt windows need to enter a command for which your phone has to be connected to your computer system. The command is as follow:
This command will show if the device is attached to the PC properly.
- Using the following command boot your handset into bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone will now automatically reboot itself into the bootloader mode
- Finally, you can now begin the installation of OPM1.171019.014on your Pixel devices. Firstly, open the Android 8.1 files that are present in the folder of ADB and simultaneously locate the flash-all script. To run the files double click on it to begin the installing process on your phone.
- You will be asked to press any key to exit as soon as you are through with flashing the OPM1.171019.014 build. Please do not exit from the terminal unless you are asked to do so.
- Lastly, all you need to do is reboot your Android device. Now you will be running the latest Google Android Security patch level for January 2018 on Pixel devices.
I hope this guide was helpful to install OPM1.171019.014 January Security 2018 for Pixel for O2/UK only.