Today Lenovo owned Motorola firm has started rolling Android 8.1 Oreo for Moto G5S officially. The update comes with build number OPP28.65-37 which is currently rolling for Europe and India. Earlier Motorola was seeding test build for few Motorola devices which are signed up for the beta programme. After beta soak test, the company has finally rolled the stable update to the public.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) for the user and will soon reach every corner of the world. It is sent in a phase-wise manner and may take few days or weeks to reach every user with Moto G5S. In case if you have still not received, then make sure to check the OTA update manually by following the below instruction.
Table of Contents
Check Software update on Moto G5S
If you want to check for the new OTA update, you can simply follow our instructions given below.
- From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > System updates (System section).
- Tap Check for a system update.
- Do one of the following:
- If advised that the software is up to date, tap OK.
- If a software update is available:
- Tap Download.
- Once the download has completed, tap Install Now to install OPP28.65-37.
[su_note note_color=”#fff2fc” text_color=”#000000″]
Before proceeding to download, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest update on Motorola Moto G5S. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading the new OTA update on Motorola Moto G5S.
Here is the quick recap of the latest Android 8.1 Oreo and their features.
What’s in Android 8.1 Oreo?
Android Oreo is the latest iteration of the Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
If you have the update, then enjoy the update with build OPP28.65-37. we hope this guide was helpful to upgrade to Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G5S. Enjoy! In case if you still not received any update, then you can manually follow our below guide to upgrade to OPP28.65-37 Stable Oreo firmware on Moto G5S.
This should work on any Moto G5S device:
Download OPP28.65-37 Firmware
Credits to XDA member lohanbarth
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You need Laptop or PC.
- Working USB Cable.
- Charge your phone for at least 70% Battery.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have Motorola USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Instructions to Install
[su_note note_color=”#fdfdea”]Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are at GetDroidTips are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.[/su_note]
- First of all, make sure to download and install the USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download adb fastboot tool and extract it on C:/ drive
- Now extract the downloaded ROM file to the adb fastboot folder.
- Once you are finished, open the command window by holding the SHIFT KEY and Right Mouse click.
- To install, execute the following commands
mfastboot getvar max-sparse-size mfastboot oem fb_mode_set mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin mfastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn mfastboot flash dsp adspso.bin mfastboot flash logo logo.bin mfastboot flash boot boot.img mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 mfastboot flash oem oem.img mfastboot erase cache mfastboot erase userdata mfastboot erase DDR mfastboot oem fb_mode_clear mfastboot reboot
I hope this guide was helpful to update Moto G5S to Android Oreo. Enjoy!
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest info about Android Oreo update for all Motorola smartphones.