New updates are added on July 12, 2020: Rejoice users of Oppo A3 in China as the OEM has now finally started seeding the Android 10 ColorOS 7 stable update for the device. The new update is arriving with version number F.08. Users are required to be running the software version C.16\C.17 in order to receive this new update. Here is the complete changelog of the update:
- Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
- Smart Sidebar
- Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
- Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
- Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
- Navigation Gestures 3.0
- New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
- Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
- Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added all new charging animation.
- Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
- Added a pause function for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
- New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
- Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
- Home Screen
- More live wallpapers.
- Added Art+ static wallpapers.
- Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
- Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
- Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
- Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
- Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
- More screen-off clock styles.
- Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
- Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
- OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
- Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
New updates are added on June 30, 2020: Finally the dates for the rollout of stable Android 10 (ColorOS 7) for Oppo A3 in China. As per the shared July 2020 update plan, the Oppo A3 stable Android 10 update will start rolling out from July 10. This piece of information was shared on the official community platform of ColorOS 7.
After making a number of roadmaps available for the users depicting which smartphone will pick up the Android 10 update when Oppo has really put its pedal to the gas. As time is passing by, Oppo devices are slowly but steadily either picking up Android 10 ColorOS 7 updates or are undergoing the beta program in different regions. And another device has gone under the trial program of the Android 10 ColorOS 7. As per an official announcement on the Chinese ColorOS 7 community platform, the Oppo A3 is now getting the ColorOS 7 update in China. Notably, the first batch of Android 10 (ColorOS 7) is live for the early adopters.
As per information, the first batch of Oppo A3 Android 10 (ColorOS 7) went live from June 13 10 AM. Note that this early adopters program has a limited quota of 5000 users. In order to be eligible to enroll yourself with this beta program, users of the Oppo A3 are required to be running the official ROM version C.16/C.17. Moreover, after successful registration, users of the Oppo A3 in China should expect the update within three days of the program, i.e. by June 16. Here is what the official announcement reads:
Hello A3 users,
ColorOS 7 For A3’s first batch of limited early adopters is here!