Though at this time of writing this article, the Android 10 version is quite old enough (around six months), some of the smartphone manufacturers are still trying to find ways to push the Android 10 stable update to plenty of its eligible devices and Oppo is one of them. Even the newly launched Oppo F15 device came with Android 9.0 Pie (ColorOS 6.1) out-of-the-box with the Android 10. But no worries. Now, you can check out the Oppo F15 Android 10 with ColorOS 7 Update Tracker.
Oppo has released its ColorOS 7 early adopters program for a couple of devices like Oppo Reno, Reno 10x Zoom, Reno2, F11 Pro series, Find X lineup, R17 lineup, A9, Reno Z model. All of these models are getting trial version updates in an incremental way. Meanwhile, the company has also mentioned that the March to June 2020 will be a quite busy schedule for the Oppo as plenty of devices will gonna receive ColorOS 7 (Android 10) update.
Table of Contents
ColorOS 7 Features (Android 10)
Oppo has launched its new custom skin version called ColorOS 7 officially a couple of months ago. If you’re one of the Oppo Reno 2 users then you should wait for the official stable update based on Android 10. It features plenty of customized features or options specific for the Oppo devices along with most of the native Android 10 features. Let’s take a quick look below.
- Redesigned UI
- New icons pack with a custom shape, size
- Breeno Smart Voice Assistant
- Improved RAM management
- New sound effects
- Portrait Mode 2.0
- Soloop video editor
- Improved visual design and UI elements
- ART+ Wallpapers
- System-wide Dark Mode
- Improved notification center
What’s on Android 10?
Google has announced the 10th iteration of Android OS in September 2019. It comes with several features and system improvements. To be very specific, the Android 10 version mainly offers better user experience and privacy/security features.
It features System-wide Dark Mode, Gestures Navigation, Wi-Fi & QR Code scanning, improved app sharing menu, improved app permissions, enhanced location privacy control, easy security updates, Focus mode, live caption, family link, multi-camera API, built-in call screening, sound amplifier, better notification control, and more. It also offers 5G support, foldable support, improved lock screen, smart reply, etc.
Oppo F15 Android 10 with ColorOS 7 Update Status
Updated on July 26, 2020: As mentioned, Oppo has finally started rolling out the Android 10 stable update to the Oppo F15 model in plenty of regions. The company has announced the new update via the ColorOS community globally. The new firmware update has started arriving in users in Thailand, Nepal, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Russia, Kazakhstan, etc.
The stable version is rolling out with the build number of CPH2001PUEX_11_C.11 for the Oppo F15 model and it should be running on the software version CPH2001PUEX_11_A.33 to get detected the OTA update easily. All the interested users are recommended to check for the OTA update via the device Settings. For further queries, let’s have a look here.
[note color=”yellow” title_tag=”h2″ title=”What’s New in ColorOS 7: Changelog”]
- Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
- Optimized user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
- Optimized the Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager and removed No Notification Alerts.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
- Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
- Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
- New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
- Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
- Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added all new charging animation.
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
- Added a pause function for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimized system pre-loaded ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve user experience for visually impaired users.
- New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
- Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimized the startup animation for Game Space.
- More live wallpapers.
- Added Art+ static wallpapers.
- Customize whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
- Customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
- Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
- Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operations.
- Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
- More screen-off clock styles.
- Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimized the Camera UI for a better user experience.
- Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimized the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognizes more than 80 different scenes.
- OPPO Share now supports sharing files with Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
Updated on July 23, 2020: All the Oppo F15 Indian variant users should start rejoicing as the Oppo India Customer Care has officially confirmed on Twitter handle that the stable Android 10 update with ColorOS 7 will start rolling out from tomorrow (July 24, 2020). For a few weeks, the OEM has been testing out the ColorOS 7 beta build with the participated users. Now, it’s time for the official stable release.
Hi Sam, we'd like to inform you that the stable update of ColorOS 7 for OPPO F15 will be releasing tomorrow. Please stay tuned with us!
— OPPO Customer Care (at 🏡) (@OPPOCareIN) July 23, 2020
However, there is no further information mentioned yet and we can expect that not all the Oppo F15 Indian variant users will gonna receive the stable Android 10 update (ColorOS 7) at the same time. Oppo always pushes firmware OTA updates in a phased manner and once the update seems stable enough with no major bugs, the broader roll-out process will start soon. Keep an eye on this article for all the latest info.
Updated on July 1, 2020: Good news for all the Oppo F15 users as the ColorOS 7 Beta update based on Android 10 has been started and the first batch of beta recruitment is going on in China. The quota for the beta recruitment process has been increased from 2,000 people to a huge 50,000 people. It’s really a big number for the first batch of beta updates.
The recruitment channel opened from June 30, 2020, and the OTA update roll-out process will arrive in batches. Keep in mind that in order to receive the ColorOS 7 beta update on your Oppo F15 device, your mobile version needs to be updated to C.16/C.17 respectively. For more details, check this link.
Updated on June 14, 2020: According to the Oppo’s update timeline, the Oppo F15 Android 10 with ColorOS 7 update has been released yesterday on June 13, 2020. The first batch of the ColorOS 7 early adopters program for the Oppo F15 is now live in India. All the interested users can apply for the beta testing but the handset should run on the C.07 version.
There will be 2,000 people recruited for the first quota and then the company will release another quota for the second batch update. Meanwhile, you can also apply for the beta testing from the Settings > Software Updates > Tap on the settings icon in the upper right corner > Tap on Trial Version > Fill in the required information > Select the checkbox and tap on Apply Now. Once the company selected the beta users, all of them will receive the OTA update within 3 days.
The Oppo F15 device users will start receiving the ColorOS 7 Android 10 trial version in June 2020 along with the R15 series models. So, all the interested Oppo F15 unit users can apply for the beta recruitment program whenever released. Once the Android 10 beta application selected by the company, the limited number of users can become beta testers and would get the Android 10 update accordingly.
#ColorOS fans, rejoice! 🎉
Now that March is here, we understand that many fans have been waiting for more #ColorOS7 + #Android10 trial version batches.
Check our Q2 plan and stay tuned for more announcements!
How to apply👉save it for future use：https://t.co/nDQhBfcnXC pic.twitter.com/JJ244dScW6
— ColorOS (@colorosglobal) March 6, 2020
Oppo F15 Specifications
The device comes with a 6.4-inches AMOLED display with 1080×2400 pixels resolution quality, a 20:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It’s powered by the MediaTek Helio P70 processor, Mali-G72 MP3 GPU, paired with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal memory (expandable). As mentioned, it runs on Android 9.0 Pie with ColorOS 6.1 version.
The device packs a quad rear camera setup of a 48MP (wide, f/1.8) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.3) + a 2MP (B/W, f/2.4) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, an LED flash, Gyro-EIS, etc. It sports a 16MP (wide, f/2.0) selfie camera with HDR mode. It features a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, FM Radio, USB Type-C port, etc.
The handset is backed by a 4,025mAh battery with 20W fast charging support (50% charge in 30 minutes). It packs an optical in-display fingerprint scanner, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass, an ambient light sensor. The device has a dual Nano-SIM slot and available in two color options like Lightening Black, Unicorn White.