Oppo expanded its F-series smartphone lineup with the launch of Oppo F17 and Oppo F17 Pro in India. The two handsets come with some similar specs while differ in some key parameters. Here we will explain whether the Oppo F17 will receive the official Android 11 (ColorOS 11) update.
Google has finally pushed the official stable Android 11 update to all the Pixel devices (except the first-gen pixel). It’s the successor version of the last year’s Android 10 (Q) which mostly featured privacy & security functionalities. However, things have changed now and this time the Android 11 has arrived with a bunch of additional features, other system improvements, UI changes, and more.
You landed up to this article with a question that what is the status of Oppo to push the Android 11 to the newly launched Oppo F17. Well, then go through this article, and by the end of the article you will be able to clear all the doubts regarding Oppo F17 Android 11 (Android R) Update Status, either it is Android 11 official update or Android 11 Beta update.
Table of Contents
What’s on Android 11?
Google’s Android 11 (R) is the 11th-iteration of Android OS that has been released officially on September 08, 2020. It’s the successor version of the last year’s Android 10 (Q) which mostly featured privacy & security functionalities. However, things have changed now and this time the Android 11 has arrived with a bunch of additional features, other system improvements, UI changes, and more.
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, it helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature that will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in ColorOS 11?
As the name suggests, ColorOS 11 is the successor version of the ColorOS 7 that can be released in November 2020 most probably. It will be based on Android 11 goodies along with some design changes that will gonna change the look and feel of the new custom skin. The upcoming ColorOS 11 version will run on all the upcoming and eligible Oppo devices respectively. The all-new skin version will have plenty of improvements and features that we’ve mentioned below in brief.
ColorOS 11 Expected Features
It’s pretty straight-forward that the ColorOS 11 will be based on Android 11 (R) features. So, the native Android 11 features will be there expectedly with some improvements or additional features.
- Improved Dark Mode: System-wide Dark Mode is one of the most highlighted features for the users on Android 10 and the ColorOS 11 (Android 11) will also gonna include an improved system-wide dark mode that simply runs on the whole system, apps, etc. Additionally, users will get an option to schedule the dark mode timing on a day/night basis and automatically basis as well.
- Improved Battery Backup: The upcoming ColorOS 11 much more improved battery life than the existing ColorOS 7 version.
- Double-tap Gesture: The double-tap gesture feature of Android 11 will also arrive on ColorOS 11. In this case, double-tapping on the backside of the phone will turn on the Google Assistant, camera, and other applications.
- One-time App Permission: With the ColorOS 11 version, users can easily grant one-time app permission and it will ask for permission every time whenever it requires system user access.
- Go Back Gesture: The go back gesture has been improvised after releasing the enhanced swipe gestures navigation. But with ColorOS 11, we can expect to see the sensitivity sliders that will control the go back gesture. There will be two sliders for both left and right sides.
Oppo F17 Device Overview
Oppo launched the F17 at just Rs.17,990 with great specs. It has a big 6.44 inches SuperAmoled panel and has a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels. The Aspect ratio is 20:9 and 86.1% screen-to-body ratio with 409 PPI density. Available in three colors Dynamic Orange, Navy Blue, Classic Silver.
Powered by the powerful mid-range Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 processor, which is based on 11nm technology. Talking about memory, it comes in 4 variant 64GB/4GB RAM, 128GB/8GB RAM, 128GB/6GB RAM, 128GB/8GB RAM, which gives you seamless performance while gaming.
In-camera department, Oppo worked well this time. It has a quad rear camera setup having a 16MP, f/2.2 aperture, (wide), 1/3.06″, PDAF, 8MP, f/2.2, 119° (ultrawide), 1/40″, 1.12µm, 2MP, f/2.4, (depth), 2MP, f/2.4, (depth) with LED flash. The rear camera supports HDR, Panorama and records video in 1080p@30fps. And the front camera has 16MP, f/2.0, 26nm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0µm.
This is a dual SIM(Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) smartphone, but it doesn’t support a 5G connection. A 4015 mAh non-removable lithium-ion battery is used that you can charge within 60 minutes with the 30W Fast Charger VOOC 4.0 presented inside the box. This device comes out of the box with Color OS 7.2 based on Android 10.
Will Oppo F17 Receive the Android 11 Update?
Updated on January 31, 2021: Today Oppo rolled the December 2020 security patch for the device with build number CPH2095_11_A.29. The update is still based on Android 10.
Updated on December 07, 2020: Today Oppo Global tweeted about their ColorOS 11 timeline which promises to rollout to many devices this month.
Thank you all for your incredible patience & support! pic.twitter.com/HEfmBeivoy
— ColorOS (@colorosglobal) December 3, 2020
Updated on November 12, 2020: Oppo finally started rolling the Android 11 (ColorOS 11 beta) for the Oppo F17 Pro in India. The update is labeled with the software version CPH2119NV1B_11.C.15.
Regarding the official Android 11 Update for Oppo F17, there is nothing to worry about, the device will surely receive the update. According to the CMO of Oppo, almost every Oppo device gets at least 2 major software updates. Since Oppo F17 was launched with Android 10 out of the box, and it will receive the next 2 major updates; Android 11 R and Android 12.
Right now there is no official roadmap of ColorOS 11 because ColorOS 7 or 7.2 is still being in the rollout process. We will let you about the official roadmap of the update as soon as Oppo releases any press statement. Till then bookmark this page for further updates.