Last updated on March 7th, 2020 at 06:44 pm
So, almost after a year of release of Android Pie, now Oppo is making the operating system available for OPPO K1. Currently, the device is receiving this system update to Android 9.0 Pie with build number CPH1893EX_11_C.32. It also brings the features of the ColorOS 6 based on Android Pie.
As of now, the new software update is making its way over-the-air. As OTA updates roll in batches, so every user out there may not receive the update right away. If you want to install the Pie update now itself, then we have got the OTA zip file as well, which you can install by following a simple installation guide that we have put up as well.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.?
Now, let’s know what are the features will Android 9.0 Pie will bring for the OPPO K1. With Pie OS, the user will see new features like Recent Apps, app slices, app actions, etc. Also, the major highlight is the Digital Wellbeing from Google to self-monitor the use of the smartphone by a user. Again there are features like improved DND, better notification management, the adaptive battery that focuses on power efficiency.
ColorOS 6 Overview
In the ColorOS 6 users will experience blank white space in the interface with lighter shades of gradient colors that give an exotic touch. The app icons are getting revamped with the circular design which Oppo refers to as Infinite design. Also, the new OS will bring a wide range of aesthetic stock wallpaper that is created in association with Studio ANF of Germany. Users will experience smooth animation and visual effects.
The gamers are getting the Game Boost 2.0 which brings features like Frame Boost and Touch Boost. The aim is to provide an immersive gaming experience.
Here is the complete official changelog of the latest Android Pie update for the OPPO K1.
Upgrade to ColorOS 6 and Android 9 and experience fresh visuals and bezel-less beauty.
·Redesigned the UI to suit the bezel-less screen. Blank spaces and color gradients are carefully harnessed to interpret aesthetics, grace, and youth.
·Added Game Boost 2.0 (which integrates Frame Boost and Touch Boost), reducing game lags.
·Added System Boost: Optimized the whole system through improved compatibility between bottom-layer hardware platforms.
·Added App Boost: Optimized platform-level heavy-weight apps.
·Added a button to hide unimportant notifications with just a tap.
·Added swipe gestures on both sides to go back, allowing for easier navigation.
·Added custom “Do Not Disturb” scenarios. Different time ranges can be set according to the scenario.
·Game Space: Brand new visuals.
·You can reduce image quality to save power in Low Power Mode.
·Added default wallpapers with the aesthetics and modern feeling.
·Added drawer mode on the Home screen.
·Added live wallpapers to satisfy different users.
·Added batch icon management on Home Screen.
·Calculator: Result in each step is immediately displayed.
·Optimized Portrait mode.
·Added Favorites function: Photos and albums can be added to Favorites.
·Added block rule: Block calls and messages from numbers that start with certain prefixes.
·Added Flash on Call: The flash blinks if there is an incoming call when the screen is locked or off.
·You can connect to two Bluetooth devices at the same time, allowing a quick switch between them.
·Added Screen Color Mode: Screen display effects can be changed.
·Added Riding Mode (applies to partial regions).
Check for OTA
You can manually check for the new Android Pie software on your OPPO K1. This process you can follow, if you believe it’s already very late for the
To do it go to Settings > System Update. hit on Check for Update and your device will run check for the latest available software. You will be notified of the
- Use Wi-Fi to download the Android Pie OTA update as it will save you carrier data. The download process will be speedier as well.
- Note that low battery and software updates do not go hand-in-hand. So, maintain a minimum battery of 50% on your device before heading on to manually install the OTA update.
How to Install ColorOS 6 based on Android Pie on OPPO K1?
If you wish to experience ColorOS 6 Android 9.0 Pie right now itself on our OPPO K1, then download the OTA zip shared below and install it via recovery. Installation is quite easy and for your convenience, we shared the entire steps for flashing the new Pie OS-based firmware.
- The OTA firmware we will provide in this guide is exclusive to the OPPO K1. Do not use it on any other Oppo smartphone, otherwise, that may brick the device.
- Your device should be running on Stock ROM in order to manually install the current firmware. If you use any custom firmware then this guide will not be useful at all.
- Make sure to take a complete back up of your device data to be on the safer side, so if anything goes wrong while installation, you won’t lose your data.
Now, let’s check out the steps.
- Download the firmware package From the download link
- Move it to your Device Storage.
- Now Switch Off Phone
- together Press Power and Volume up Button until device Logo appear then Release, Your Phone will now boot into the Recovery mode.
- Tap on Wipe Data and Wipe all Data
- Now Select Install update and then Locate Downloaded Firmware File From Storage.
- Tap on Install. Wait until the installation is complete.
- Tap on Reboot System Now.
That’s it. Now, your OPPO K1 will boot up with ColorOS 6 based on Android 9.0 Pie running the build CPH1893EX_11_C.32. Enjoy the features of the Pie OS.