Updated on January 30, 2021: Today Oppo rolled the December 2020 security patch for the Oppo R17 Pro in India with software version CPH1877EX_11_F.45.
The Oppo R17 Pro sports a 6.4-inch display with a waterdrop notch and has an in-display fingerprint scanner. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 SoC along with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
Here you will find all the new software update details for the Oppo R17 Pro with their build number and download links. You can follow this guide to install the software update manually.
As mentioned, the firmware OTA updates always rollout in batches region-wise which also depends on the server and carriers. So, it’s one of the common issues to not receive any OTA update notification. Therefore, some of the keen users may also miss out on the important or much-awaited updates in some cases. Now, if you also feel the same and have a doubt in mind that you’ve missed out on any important update or you want to manually install the stock firmware on your Oppo R17 Pro model, then the update tracker list with the software update guide will help you a lot.
Oppo R17 Pro Software Update Tracker
Whenever a new official firmware update will be available for the Oppo R17 Pro model, we will keep updating the update tracker list here with the changelog and download links below.
• Added the July 2020 Android security patch to enhance system security.[System]
• Added the wireless printing feature: images and PDF files can be printed wirelessly. (To use this feature, go to “Settings – Other wireless connections – Print”.)
• You can now sync the volume level set on your Bluetooth device to your phone. (To use this feature, go to “Settings – Bluetooth”, tap the icon in the upper-right corner, then tap “Advanced settings” and turn on “Media volume sync”.
• Added the “Personalisations” option in “Settings”.
• Improved system stability.[Camera]
• Added the Camera quick-launch function: Double-pressing the “Volume +” or “Volume -” buttons quickly launches the camera when the screen is off. (Tap the icon in the upper-right corner of the camera screen, enter “Settings” and then turn on this function.)
· Added the June 2020 Android security patch to enhance system security.[System]
· Improved system stability and performance.
· Fixed an issue where the Back button would occasionally not work.
· Fixed an issue where the “Photos” app would occasionally freeze.
· Fixed an issue where “Game Assistant” could be called up from Smart Sidebar when you were not in a game.[Camera]
· Optimized the zoom method: Replaced the zoom bar with a zoom wheel for a better user experience.[Communications]
· Fixed an issue where, after you restarted your phone and inserted a SIM card, the Home screen would flash during network registration.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.[Screenshot]
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
• New gesture: Swipe left or right at the bottom of the screen to switch between recently used apps.[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• You can now enable vibration for when you use Swipe gestures from both sides to go back to the previous screen.
• Optimised Google Assistant: When Swipe-up gestures or Swipe from both sides to go back gestures are selected, you can call up Google Assistant by swiping inwards from either bottom corner of the screen.[System]
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.[Games]
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.[Home Screen]
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.[Security]
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.[Tools]
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.[Camera]
• Optimised the Camera UI for a better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
How to Check Software Update on Oppo R17 Pro
Before going to the manual firmware upgrade process, if you feel that your device isn’t receiving the OTA update notification for a while, then you can check for the software update manually. In order to do this:
Go to the device Settings > System updates. It will search for the software update and you will get notified if a new update is available on your device. Simply grab the firmware version by downloading and installing it.
Additionally, it’s recommended to maintain the phone charge at least up to 50%-60% and connect your device to a Wi-Fi for a faster and stable download.
Now, let’s assume that you’ve successfully upgraded your Oppo R17 Pro device to the latest software version. Facing any issue with the software update guide? Comment below.
Oppo R17 Pro Device Overview
Talking about the specifications, Oppo R17 Pro features a 6.4-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 2340 x 1080 Pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 710, a 64-bit processor coupled with 8GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Oppo R17 Pro comes with a dual 12MP + 20MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 25MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3700 mAh battery. Oppo R17 Pro also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.