Updated on May 27, 2020: The stable Android 10 (ColorOS 7) update is now live for the Oppo Reno2 F users in India. This was announced via the official community post. The latest stable version will be carrying the version number CPH1989EX_11.C.07 and it brings in all the expected ColorOS 7 features along with Android 10 core features for the phone. You can head here for more information.
Updated on May 12, 2020: All the Oppo Reno2 F users should start rejoicing as the company has released the official ColorOS 7 stable Android 10 update in India. According to the announcement, Oppo has done the same and pushing the Android 10 stable update starting from May 10 in India. While other regions are expected to start receiving the update from May 25.
The OTA update is bundled with a software version CPH1989EX_11.C.07 for both the stable and beta users. Interested users can check for the OTA update notification from Settings > Software Updates. Make sure that your device is running any of these versions in order to receive the Android 10 update such as A.13/A.14/A.15/A.16 respectively.
As the OTA update is rolling out in batches, it may take some time to arrive on all units completely. It should bring plenty of Android 10 features and improvements like redesigned UI, gestures navigation, privacy & location control, native screen recording, Digital Wellbeing, System-Wide Dark Mode, etc. For further details check here.
Updated on May 1, 2020: Oppo has released the timeline for the Oppo Reno2 F ColorOS 7 Stable Android 10 update officially. The early adopters’ program was started for the Reno2 F model in March and now we have the date. The device will start receiving the official stable update with a build number VC.07 on May 10, 2020, in India. While the rest of the regions will get the same on May 25, 2020.
Updated on March 27, 2020: Another good news for the Oppo Reno2 F users as the ColorOS 7 (Android 10) update early adopters recruitment process has been started in India. As this is a trial version, all the successful applicants will receive the ColorOS 7 beta update within 3 days which is quite appreciable. Currently, the company has released this early adopters program for the 2,000 Reno2 F unit users in India.
Make sure that your Oppo Reno2 F Indian variant should be updated to the latest ColorOS official version such as CPH1989EX_11.A.14 and CPH1989EX_11.A.13 respectively. In order to apply for the beta program, you will need to go to Settings > Software Updates. Then tap on the Settings (gear) icon in the upper right corner > Tap on Trial Version > Fill in the information and select the checkbox. Finally, tap on Apply Now.
It’s also worth mentioning that according to the updated roadmap, Oppo has released the Android 10 Trial version for the Oppo Reno2 F. Now, let’s check out the update changelog below:
❗️Calling for Reno2 F users in India❗️
2,000 quotas available – Apply for #ColorOS7 + #Android10 trial version now!
Successful applicants will receive System update within 3 days.
How to apply: https://t.co/nDQhBftYPa
More info: https://t.co/1wvQh2adeR pic.twitter.com/B2Ec0AYhAQ
— ColorOS (@colorosglobal) March 27, 2020
OPPO Reno2 F ColorOS 7 Trial (Android 10) Changelog
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
• New gesture: Swipe left or right at the bottom of the screen to switch between recently used apps.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimized system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimized the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customize whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimized the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognizes more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports a fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
• Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
You can find out more details here and make a note that this is an early beta update and may contain stability issues or bugs. If you really want to get a taste of Android 10 experience, then apply and update at your own responsibility.
Updated on March 07, 2020: Today Oppo tweeted their Android 10 roadmap for many of their devices. Well, Oppo Reno 2F will receive the stable Android 10 under ColorOS 7 skin on 17th of this month. Here is their official tweet:
#ColorOS fans, rejoice! ?
Now that March is here, we understand that many fans have been waiting for more #ColorOS7 + #Android10 trial version batches.
Check our Q2 plan and stay tuned for more announcements!
How to apply?save it for future use：https://t.co/nDQhBfcnXC pic.twitter.com/JJ244dScW6
— ColorOS (@colorosglobal) March 6, 2020
Updated on February 28, 2020: The OPPO Reno2 F was launched in October 2019 with Android 9.0 Pie on the top of ColorOS 6.1 skin out-of-the-box. As a couple of months ago, the company has announced ColorOS 7 skin based on Android 10 for its eligible Android devices, some of the devices are expected to receive the ColorOS 7 update in Q1 2020. Currently, the ColorOS Global has mentioned on its Twitter handle that the OPPO Reno2 F ColorOS 7 (Android 10) update trial version starts soon.
To be very specific, the OPPO Reno2 F will start receiving the Android 10 beta update in March 2020. According to the ColorOS 7 trial version plan, the mentioned device models are expected to receive the update such as OPPO Find X, OPPO Find X Automobili Lamborghini Edition, Find X Super VOOC Edition, Reno2 F, Reno Z, R17, R17 Pro, RX17 Pro, Reno2 Z, OPPO A9.
However, there is no specific date mentioned yet, we may have to wait for the official announcement. It’s also expected that due to the spread of Coronavirus, most of the software development process may get delayed. Meanwhile, the OPPO Reno 2 has started receiving the ColorOS 7 beta recruitment in Asia region recently and it’s time for the Reno2 F now.
Keep in mind that the trial version registration and updates are for limited users. You will need to apply for the beta testing program whenever the company releases the ColorOS 7 trial version for your device model. The selected beta testers will be able to receive the Android 10 beta OTA updates to test out the stability and bugs.
Whereas, the OPPO Reno 2 and Reno 2Z were already promised to receive the ColorOS 7 stable update by March 2020. Still, we will need to wait for it.