Today Xiaomi started seeding a new update for Xiaomi Mi A1 with build number OPR1.170623.026.8.2.8. This update is still in a beta stage based on Android 8.0 Oreo. The update brings regular bug fixes and improvement to the already released beta version of v8.2.6. With this update, the security patch level is still in February 2018. Earlier we shared the build number OPR1.170623.026.8.2.6.
In this guide, you can download the Beta Fastboot ROM v8.2.8 for Mi A1 with clear installation steps. The guide is simple and easy to follow. All you need is a Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphone, PC and ADB Fastboot to start upgrading your device to new beta update.
Talking about the specs, Xiaomi Mi A1 features a 5.5-inch full HD display with a screen resolution of 1080p. It is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor clubbed by 4GB of RAM. It has 64GB internal storage and can also be expanded via microSD card. Xiaomi Mi A1 sports a dual two 12MP camera in the rear and on the front it has 5MP selfie camera. It is backed by 3080mAh battery.
This upgrade has nothing major since it is still running on Android 8.0 Oreo. Follow the tutorial to flash the v8.2.8 beta ROM on Xiaomi Mi A1.
Thanks to XDA senior member JamFlux, for sharing the ROM and Guide on XDA to Install OPR1.170623.026.8.2.8 Beta Oreo Fastboot ROM update for Xiaomi Mi A1 (v8.2.8)
- February 2018 android security patch
- Regular bug fixes
- Performance improvements
Download OPR1.170623.026.8.2.8 Fastboot Firmware
Full Firmware File – 915MB (v8.2.8 Fastboot ROM)
- Download OPR1.170623.026.8.2.6 Beta Oreo for Mi A1 (v8.2.6) [Fastboot ROM]
- Download OPR1.170623.026.8.2.1 Beta Oreo for Mi A1 (v8.2.1) [Fastboot ROM]
- Download OPR1.170623.026.8.1.10 Stable Oreo for Mi A1 (v8.1.10) [Fastboot ROM]
- Remember: This guide is to Install Stock OTA Manually on Xiaomi Mi A1
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
- Download Minimal ADB Tool or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here
- Download Xiaomi Mi A1 Drivers
Advantages of using this tool/ROM:
-No need TWRP
-No need to lost your data
-Just reboot in fastboot mode and enjoy
-You can re-lock your bootloader
Instructions To Install:
- Download and Install ABD Fastboot Tool on your PC
- Now Unpack the MiA1-Tool-Flasher-Oreo.7z tool
- Reboot your Mi A1 to Fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume + Power button.
- Execute the file called
- Select one of 3 flashing options (option 2 for avoiding conflicts, data will be erased)
- That’s it! Enjoy Oreo ROM on Xiaomi Mi A1.
[su_note note_color=”#fffdc4″ text_color=”#000000″]-Camera is slow again, please root and use SELinuxModeChanger
-Download apk here: com.mrbimc.selinux_20171031.apk[/su_note]
I hope this guide was helpful to install OPR1.170623.026.8.2.8 Android Oreo Beta Update on Xiaomi Mi A1 (v8.2.8).