Updated on April 19, 2018: Today Xiaomi started rolling the April 2018 Security patch for Xiaomi Mi A1. You can check the update with new build number OPR1.170623.026.V.126.96.36.199 April 2018 Security update for Mi A1 (v9.5.10)
Finally, the March 2018 security patch update for Xiaomi Mi A1 rolls out. It moves the build number of the device to OPR1.170623.026.V188.8.131.52.ODHMIFA. Needless to say, the firmware update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Also, this one is a stable update. Apart from the monthly security fix, the stability of the device is getting improvements along with performance optimization. Along with that, regular bug fixes also accompany the OPR1.170623.026.9.5.9 software update. The whole software update weighs around 440 MB.
Users have also stated about improved battery back up and efficient RAM management. Although the concerned software update brings the March 2018 security patch, the initial download update prompt displays the update as of April 2018 security patch update. See for yourself. Probably some bug from the OEM.
You can very well catch the latest airborne update over-the-air(OTA) as it has now started rolling. It will gradually roll out to the Mi A1 phones all over the globe.Currently, it is seeding in the Indian region. To update the OTA,
Go to device Settings > System Update > Check for update. Download and install the update if it is available. It will automatically download and install the update.
Apart from that, you can also manually download the latest firmware that brings the OPR1.170623.026.V9.5.9 update. We have put forth the complete tutorial for you so that you can grab the firmware manually and install it to update to OPR1.170623.026.V184.108.40.206.ODHMIFA. You can check that out below.
Mi A1 is the latest smartphone from Chinese OEM Xiaomi powered by Google. This device is a product of the AndroidOne Project that provides stock Android experience to users on a mid-range budget. The phone runs on stock Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Powered by 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor, it comes with 4GB of RAM. It brings expandable 64GB of internal storage. Xiaomi Mi A1 packs a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
Changelog: OPR1.170623.026.9.5.9 Mi A1 March Security Update
- March 2018 Android security patch
- Improved battery performance
- Memory management has improved.
- Device performance optimization
- Regular bug fixes
Download OPR1.170623.026.9.5.9 FirmwareDownload OPR1.170623.026.V.220.127.116.11 April 2018 Patch Download OPR1.170623.026.V18.104.22.168.ODHMIFA – Fastboot ROM
How To Install OPR1.170623.026.V9.5.9 Mi A1 March 2018 Firmware Update
Before getting ahead to the steps to flashing the firmware manually, follow these points mentioned below first.
- This tutorial is to Install Stock OTA Manually on Xiaomi Mi A1 only. Don’t try this on other devices.
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- Unlock the bootloader on your phone.
- Your device should be running stock Firmware and not any Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to be on the safe side in case if something goes wrong.
- GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for bricking of any device due to these update installation.
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your system.
- Install Mi A1 device drivers.
Steps To Install OPR1.170623.026.9.5.9 March 2018 Update
If you choose to flash the fastboot firmware then,
- You have to download the fastboot firmware zip file.
- Extract the .bat extension file from the ROM zip file.
- Make sure you’ve ADB and fastboot installed(link is given above for fastboot ADB)
- Now enter the device into Fastboot mode by pressing Power + Vol Down Button at a time.
- Then connect the device to the PC/Laptop
- In the fastboot, select the ROM file with .bat extension.
- Flash the ROM file
- That’s it you have now updated to the latest March 2018 firmware
Apart from this, you can also flash the firmware using the ADB Sideload method. The link on how to flash a firmware vi ADB sideload is given in the link below.How To Flash Latest March 2018 Firmware on Xiaomi Mi A1 Via ADB Sideload
So, that’s all about it. Download the latest March 2018 security patch and update your Mi A1 to OPR1.170623.026.9.5.9.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all latest firmware updates about Xiaomi Mi A1.