Motorola started rolling the beta version of Android 8.0 Oreo for Moto Z2 Play in Brazil. The update comes with build number OPS27.74 along with the latest Google Security patch for January 2018. This is a major upgrade after Android Nougat which came out of the box with Moto Z2 Play.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) as we speak. Since it is rolling in a phase-wise manner, it may take some time to reach every user in Brazil. The update carries 1.2GB in size and brings all the features from Android 8.0 Oreo.
This update is a part of the trial purpose, if things go as planned, Motorola will soon be made available to other markets across the globe. As we stated, this is a beta version of Android Oreo. If you are ready to test the beta version, you can check for the OTA update and upgrade to the latest build number OPS27.74 on Moto Z2 Play. To receive this update, you must be running Stock Android ROM on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffdc4″ text_color=”#000000″]
Before proceeding to download, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest update on Moto Z2 Play. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto Z2 Play.
If you didn’t receive the Official OTA update, then you can check for the update manually by following the below steps.
Instructions to Update OPS27.74 on Moto Z2 Play
- In the Home screen, Tap on All apps, and then tap Settings.
- Go to About Phone.
- Tap System updates.
- Click on OK to check for the latest OS.
- If you have the update, Tap DOWNLOAD to download the update
- Wait for couple of hours to complete the download (depends on the speed)
- Once the download is completed, you will be prompted to install the new software from the Notifications pull down. Tap the notification to begin the upgrade process.
- Tap OK to begin the update process to software version OPS27.74.
Well, if you didn’t know the feature of Android Oreo. Here is the quick recap:
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial