Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus (codename: N9700/N9750) launched in August 2019. The handset came with Android 9.0 Pie. Here we will guide to install the Orange Fox Recovery Project on Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus (N9700/N9750). The guide is simple and easy to flash.
Well, if you are here, it is obvious that you want to install the Orange Fox Recovery Project on your Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus. As we all know, since the release of Google’s Project Treble, we are all excited. Project Treble is perhaps the most significant low-level change to the Android Framework in years. So, starting with Android Oreo 8.x, Google separated the two. That means the Android OS itself can be updated without having to touch the vendor implementation. Since then, the development of all Android forum skyrocketed.
Finally, a team of developers created a custom recovery to support the Treble and non-Treble ROMs called Orange Fox Recovery Project. This recovery is mainly based on the latest TWRP source code and updated to all latest commits. But it is different from the TWRP Recovery. Today, we would be covering on How to Install Orange Fox Recovery Project on Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus. So without any further, we do, let’s jump right into it.
Before we get straight to our guide on Install on Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus, let us take a look at What Orange Fox Recovery Project exactly is and some of its features, should we?
What is the Orange Fox Recovery Project?
The Orange Fox Recovery Project is a Custom Recovery for Android Devices which is based on the TWRP source code. The main objective of this recovery project was to provide a stable recovery with a lot of features. The Recovery supports both the Treble and non-Treble ROMs and Built-in support for installing init.d functionality, Magisk, and SuperSU. This Recovery brings Fox theme engine with a choice of themes, color scheme, and splash screen. Anyways, let us now take a look at some of the Orange Fox Recovery Project features.
Features of Orange Fox Recovery Project
- Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
- Up-to-date kernel, built from sources
- Increased compatibility with TWRP
- Updated with latest TWRP commits
- Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
- Built-in support for installing Magisk
- Built-in support for installing SuperSU (v2.82-201705271822 – non-Treble ROMs only)
- White Flashlight
- Password, torch, led
- Support for Miui and Custom ROMs
- Better language support
- Optimized versions of community scripts
- Fox theme engine:
- choice of theme (black, dark, etc)
- choice of color scheme
- choice of splash screen
- Alternative lock screen
- Bug fixes
- And many more!
So those were some of the Features of Orange Fox Recovery Project. Now, let us take a look at How to Install Orange Fox Recovery Project on Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus, should we?
Please remember that recovery with password protection isn’t still a full protection for your phone. Orange Fox can only prevent unauthorized access to your device from recovery. But your device can be still reinstalled using fastboot.
Steps to Install Orange Fox Recovery Project on Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus
Note: This guide would only work only on Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus.
In order to Install the Orange Fox Recovery Project, you need TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus. So let’s guide straight on the process of installation.
- Here is Download link for Orange Fox Recovery Here
- Download Samsung USB Drivers [Here is the Guide to Install Android USB drivers]
- Download ADB and fastboot drivers
- Your device should have unlocked bootloader
- You need to install TWRP Recovery on the Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus
[su_note note_color=”#fefdef” text_color=”#000000″]
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
- First of all, move the downloaded Orange Fox Recovery to your phone’s internal storage.
- If you have installed TWRP Recovery, now boot into TWRP recovery on your device.
- Once you have booted into TWRP, now tap on Install button
- Now tap on the install image and browse for the Orange Fox Recovery file you downloaded for Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus.
- Once you have found, now tap on the file name and you can just swipe to confirm the flash.
- It will install the Orange Fox Recovery Project on Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus.
Orange Fox Recovery Project Screenshot:
[su_custom_gallery source=”media: 104207,104208,104211,104212,104213,104214,104215,104206″ limit=”5″ link=”lightbox” width=”150″ height=”150″ title=”never”]
So that’s it guys, this was our take on Install Orange Fox Recovery Project on Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or have any questions related to the topic, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.
- How to Install LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy Note 10, Note10+ and Note 10+ 5G [Exynos]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Stock Firmware collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus
- Common Problems in Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More