Realme U1 (codename: RMX1831) launched in November 2018 and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here we will guide to install the Orange Fox Recovery Project on Realme U1 (RMX1831). The guide is simple and easy to flash.
Well, if you are here, it is obvious that you want to install the Orange Fox Recovery Project on your Realme U1. As we all know, since the release of Google’s Project Treble, we are all excited. Project Treble is perhaps the most significant low-level change to the Android Framework in years. So, starting with Android Oreo 8.x, Google separated the two. That means the Android OS itself can be updated without having to touch the vendor implementation. Since then, the development of all Android forum skyrocketed.
Finally, a team of developers created a custom recovery to support the Treble and non-Treble ROMs called Orange Fox Recovery Project. This recovery is mainly based on the latest TWRP source code and updated to all latest commits. But it is different from the TWRP Recovery. Today, we would be covering on How to Install Orange Fox Recovery Project on Realme U1. So without any further, we do, let’s jump right into it.
Realme U1 is powered by a Octa-core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53) with Mediatek Helio P70 (12nm) chipset coupled with 3/4GB of RAM and 32/64GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card with up to 256 GB microSD. The device came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo under FColorOS 5.2 and backed by a 3500 mAh battery (Non-removable). As far as the camera concerned, the device has a dual-camera setup with 13MP + 2MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 25MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, proximity sensor, and compass. etc. The Realme U1 come with a face unlock feature.
Before we get straight to our guide on Install on Realme U1, let us take a look at What Orange Fox Recovery Project exactly is and some of its features, should we?
Table of Contents
What is the Orange Fox Recovery Project?
The Orange Fox Recovery Project is a Custom Recovery for Android Devices which is based on the TWRP source code. The main objective of this recovery project was to provide a stable recovery with a lot of features. The Recovery supports both the Treble and non-Treble ROMs and Built-in support for installing init.d functionality, Magisk, and SuperSU. This Recovery brings Fox theme engine with a choice of themes, color scheme, and splash screen. Anyways, let us now take a look at some of the Orange Fox Recovery Project features.
Features of Orange Fox Recovery Project
- Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
- Up-to-date kernel, built from sources
- Increased compatibility with TWRP
- Updated with latest TWRP commits
- Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
- Built-in support for installing Magisk
- Built-in support for installing SuperSU (v2.82-201705271822 – non-Treble ROMs only)
- White Flashlight
- Password, torch, led
- Support for Miui and Custom ROMs
- Better language support
- Optimized versions of community scripts
- Fox theme engine:
- choice of theme (black, dark, etc)
- choice of color scheme
- choice of splash screen
- Alternative lock screen
- Bug fixes
- And many more!
So those were some of the Features of Orange Fox Recovery Project. Now, let us take a look at How to Install Orange Fox Recovery Project on Realme U1, should we?
Please remember that recovery with password protection isn’t still a full protection for your phone. Orange Fox can only prevent unauthorized access to your device from recovery. But your device can be still reinstalled using fastboot.
Steps to Install Orange Fox Recovery Project on Realme U1
Note: This guide would only work only on Realme U1.
In order to Install the Orange Fox Recovery Project, you need TWRP Recovery on your Realme U1. So let’s guide straight on the process of installation.
- Here is Download link for Orange Fox Recovery Here
- Download Realme USB Drivers [Here is the Guide to Install Android USB drivers]
- Download ADB and fastboot drivers
- Your device should have unlocked bootloader
- You need to install TWRP Recovery on the Realme U1
[su_note note_color=”#fefdef” text_color=”#000000″]
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
- First of all, move the downloaded Orange Fox Recovery to your phone’s internal storage.
- If you have installed TWRP Recovery, now boot into TWRP recovery on your device.
- Once you have booted into TWRP, now tap on Install button
- Now tap on the install image and browse for the Orange Fox Recovery file you downloaded for Realme U1.
- Once you have found, now tap on the file name and you can just swipe to confirm the flash.
- It will install the Orange Fox Recovery Project on Realme U1.
Orange Fox Recovery Project Screenshot:
[su_custom_gallery source=”media: 104207,104208,104211,104212,104213,104214,104215,104206″ limit=”5″ link=”lightbox” width=”150″ height=”150″ title=”never”]
So that’s it guys, this was our take on Install Orange Fox Recovery Project on Realme U1. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or have any questions related to the topic, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Realme U1 [Updated]
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme U1 and Root it
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Realme U1
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Realme U1 based on Android 10 Q
- How to Install Stock ROM on Realme U1 [Firmware Flash File]
- Common Realme U1 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More