Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus (codename: clover) launched in June 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Here we will guide you to install the Orange Fox Recovery Project on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus (clover). The guide is simple and easy to flash.
Well, if you are here, it is obvious that you want to install the Orange Fox Recovery Project on your Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus. As we all know, since the release of Google’s Project Treble, we are all excited. Project Treble is perhaps the most significant low-level change to the Android Framework in years. So, starting with Android Oreo 8.x, Google separated the two. That means the Android OS itself can be updated without having to touch the vendor implementation. Since then, the development of all Android forum skyrocketed.
Finally, a team of developers created a custom recovery to support the Treble and non-Treble ROMs called Orange Fox Recovery Project. This recovery is mainly based on the latest TWRP source code and updated to all latest commits. But it is different from the TWRP Recovery. Today, we would be covering on How to Install Orange Fox Recovery Project on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus (clover). So without any further, we do, let’s jump right into it.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 (codenamed: Clover) features an 8.0 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1200 x 1920 pixels. The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm) processor under Adreno 512 GPU. The handset packs 32/64GB variant with 3/4GB of RAM. Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 sports a single rear camera with a 13MP camera and a Selfie camera with a 5MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 8.1 Oreo under MIUI 9.0 software package and backed by a 6000 mAh battery.
Before we get straight to our guide on Install on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus, let us take a look at What Orange Fox Recovery Project exactly is and some of its features, should we?Related Post
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Mi Pad 4 / Plus based on Android 10 Q
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 / Plus
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus [Updated]
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus
What is the Orange Fox Recovery Project?
The Orange Fox Recovery Project is a Custom Recovery for Android Devices which is based on the TWRP source code. The main objective of this recovery project was to provide a stable recovery with a lot of features. The Recovery supports both the Treble and non-Treble ROMs and Built-in support for installing init.d functionality, Magisk, and SuperSU. This Recovery brings Fox theme engine with a choice of themes, color scheme, and splash screen. Anyways, let us now take a look at some of the Orange Fox Recovery Project features.
Features of Orange Fox Recovery Project
- Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
- Up-to-date kernel, built from sources
- Increased compatibility with TWRP
- Updated with latest TWRP commits
- Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
- Built-in support for installing Magisk
- Built-in support for installing SuperSU (v2.82-201705271822 – non-Treble ROMs only)
- White Flashlight
- Password, torch, led
- Support for Miui and Custom ROMs
- Better language support
- Optimized versions of community scripts
- Fox theme engine:
- choice of theme (black, dark, etc)
- choice of color scheme
- choice of splash screen
- Alternative lock screen
- Bug fixes
- And many more!
So those were some of the Features of Orange Fox Recovery Project. Now, let us take a look at How to Install Orange Fox Recovery Project on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus, should we?
Please remember that recovery with password protection isn’t still full protection for your phone. Orange Fox can only prevent unauthorized access to your device from recovery. But your device can be still reinstalled using fastboot.
Steps to Install Orange Fox Recovery Project on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus
Note: This guide would only work only on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus.
In order to Install the Orange Fox Recovery Project, you need TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus. So let’s guide straight on the process of installation.
- Here is Download link for Orange Fox Recovery: Download
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers [Here is the Guide to Install Android USB drivers]
- Download ADB and fastboot drivers
- Your device should have unlocked bootloader [Guide to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus]
- You need to install TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus device.
[su_note note_color=”#fefdef” text_color=”#000000″]
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
- First of all, move the downloaded Orange Fox Recovery to your phone’s internal storage.
- If you have installed TWRP Recovery, now boot into TWRP recovery on your device.
- Once you have booted into TWRP, now tap on Install button
- Now tap on the install image and browse for the Orange Fox Recovery file you downloaded for Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus.
- Once you have found, now tap on the file name and you can just swipe to confirm the flash.
- It will install the Orange Fox Recovery Project on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus.
Orange Fox Recovery Project Screenshot:
[su_custom_gallery source=”media: 104207,104208,104211,104212,104213,104214,104215,104206″ limit=”5″ link=”lightbox” width=”150″ height=”150″ title=”never”]
So that’s it guys, this was our take on Install Orange Fox Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Plus. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or have any questions related to the topic, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.