Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (codename: X00T) launched in April 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Here we will guide you to install the Orange Fox Recovery Project on Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00T). The guide is simple and easy to flash.
Well, if you are here, it is obvious that you want to install the Orange Fox Recovery Project on your Zenfone Max Pro M1. As we all know, since the release of Google’s Project Treble, we are all excited. Project Treble is perhaps the most significant low-level change to the Android Framework in years. So, starting with Android Oreo 8.x, Google separated the two. That means the Android OS itself can be updated without having to touch the vendor implementation. Since then, the development of all Android forum skyrocketed.
Finally, a team of developers created a custom recovery to support the Treble and non-Treble ROMs called Orange Fox Recovery Project. This recovery is mainly based on the latest TWRP source code and updated to all latest commits. But it is different from the TWRP Recovery. Today, we would be covering on How to Install Orange Fox Recovery Project on Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00T). So without any further, we do, let’s jump right into it.
Zenfone Max Pro M1 is a Dual SIM smartphone launched in April 2018. The phone comes with a 5.99-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It runs on Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 processor and 3/4/6GB of RAM. It comes with Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. This device packs a 32/64GB of expandable internal storage. Zenfone Max Pro M1 brings a Dual 13MP + 5MP primary camera on the rear and a 16-megapixel camera on the front.
Before we get straight to our guide on Install on Zenfone Max Pro M1, let us take a look at What Orange Fox Recovery Project exactly is and some of its features, should we?Related Post
- Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 Stock Firmware Collections [Back To Stock ROM]
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 based Android 10 Q
- List of Best Custom ROM for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 [Updated]
- Download and install AOSP Android 10 Q for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
What is the Orange Fox Recovery Project?
The Orange Fox Recovery Project is a Custom Recovery for Android Devices which is based on the TWRP source code. The main objective of this recovery project was to provide a stable recovery with a lot of features. The Recovery supports both the Treble and non-Treble ROMs and Built-in support for installing init.d functionality, Magisk, and SuperSU. This Recovery brings Fox theme engine with a choice of themes, color scheme, and splash screen. Anyways, let us now take a look at some of the Orange Fox Recovery Project features.
Features of Orange Fox Recovery Project
- Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
- Up-to-date kernel, built from sources
- Increased compatibility with TWRP
- Updated with latest TWRP commits
- Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
- Built-in support for installing Magisk
- Built-in support for installing SuperSU (v2.82-201705271822 – non-Treble ROMs only)
- White Flashlight
- Password, torch, led
- Support for Miui and Custom ROMs
- Better language support
- Optimized versions of community scripts
- Fox theme engine:
- choice of theme (black, dark, etc)
- choice of color scheme
- choice of splash screen
- Alternative lock screen
- Bug fixes
- And many more!
So those were some of the Features of Orange Fox Recovery Project. Now, let us take a look at How to Install Orange Fox Recovery Project on Zenfone Max Pro M1, should we?
Please remember that recovery with password protection isn’t still full protection for your phone. Orange Fox can only prevent unauthorized access to your device from recovery. But your device can be still reinstalled using fastboot.
Steps to Install Orange Fox Recovery Project on Zenfone Max Pro M1
Note: This guide would only work only on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
In order to Install the Orange Fox Recovery Project, you need TWRP Recovery on your Zenfone Max Pro M1. So let’s guide straight on the process of installation.
- Here is Download link for Orange Fox Recovery: Download
- Download Asus USB Drivers [Here is the Guide to Install Android USB drivers]
- Download ADB and fastboot drivers
- Your device should have unlocked bootloader [Guide to unlock the bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M1]
- You need to install TWRP Recovery on the Zenfone Max Pro M1 device.
[su_note note_color=”#fefdef” text_color=”#000000″]
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
- First of all, move the downloaded Orange Fox Recovery to your phone’s internal storage.
- If you have installed TWRP Recovery, now boot into TWRP recovery on your device.
- Once you have booted into TWRP, now tap on Install button
- Now tap on the install image and browse for the Orange Fox Recovery file you downloaded for Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- Once you have found, now tap on the file name and you can just swipe to confirm the flash.
- It will install the Orange Fox Recovery Project on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Orange Fox Recovery Project Screenshot:
[su_custom_gallery source=”media: 104207,104208,104211,104212,104213,104214,104215,104206″ limit=”5″ link=”lightbox” width=”150″ height=”150″ title=”never”]
So that’s it guys, this was our take on Install Orange Fox Recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M1. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or have any questions related to the topic, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.