Google has finally done the most awaited task of the year, i.e. the release of the Android 11 OS. After months of beta testing, the OS is finally mature and is available for all the Pixel phones. Notably, not only Google, other OEMs including Samsung, OnePlus, Xiaomi, have started testing out the Android 11 updates for their compatible devices. This time around with Android 11 OnePlus is taking a different route with OxygenOS. Notably, the OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11 will bring Samsung’s One UI vibe to the table.
Basically, OnePlus is letting go of the stock and clean Android interface for what the company calls a convenient UI for one-hand usage. Well, this is the same explanation behind the development of Samsung’s One UI. Whatever the case may be, the company will be rolling out Android 11 OxygenOS 11 in the coming few days as it has recently gone under open beta testing for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro devices. In this post, we will share with you all the details regarding OxygenOS 11 Android 11 including features, timeline, and list of eligible devices. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself:
Table of Contents
Android 11 – Features
Android is already a mature operating system. And by mature, we mean that there is almost very little chance of getting a complete overhaul with the upcoming Android versions. Besides, more emphasis will be given on improving the already existing features and how more features can be added to enhance the usability of the Android devices. The same is in the case of Android 11. Though the OS brings some new features, most of the features are enhanced and improved to a better new version. Let us take a look at the top features of Android 11.
For more information on Android 11 features, you can head here.
What’s on OxygenOS 11?
OxygenOS is OnePlus’ proprietary custom UI that follows the Android version number. Meaning that the latest OxygenOS is OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11. There are tons of features this time around for the OnePlus users. The company has now shifted its focus from being a stock- Android UI to a more user-focused UI in terms of providing better accessibility using one-hand. You will see a new home screen design, new interface, new icons, new font, AOD, and much more. The OxygenOS 11 Android 11 update is currently available for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro and soon will be available in a stable version for the compatible devices.
Latest Features of OxygenOS 11
Talk about the latest features of OnePlus’ OxygenOS 11, here is the list of the features that you will get with the latest OS from OnePlus based on Android 11:
- New visual design for stock apps
- Clean Settings page
- Comfortable one-handed mode
- Always-on display feature with 11 new clock styles
- Refreshing Live wallpapers that change as per the time of the day
- Latest OnePlus Sans font
- Optimized Dark Mode
- Schedule Dark Mode option
- Multi-user Zen Mode
- Customizable Swipe Down Gesture
- New Gallery With Automatic Highlight Reel
- New Settings menu
- Modified weather app
- Optimized Launcher
OxygenOS 11 Supported Devices and Update Tracker
Here we will give you all the information related to the Android 11 OxygenOS 11 update along with the list of supported devices and the update tracker. This will be a one-stop-shop for all your OxygenOS 11 Android 11 related information. So, OnePlus users mark this post to keep your devices up to date.
As OnePlus has a policy of providing three years of software updates for its devices, here is the list of devices that are officially eligible to receive Android 11 OxygenOS 11 update:
- OnePlus Nord
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren
- OnePlus 7T Pro
- OnePlus 7T
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- OnePlus 7
- OnePlus 6T McLaren
- OnePlus 6T
- OnePlus 6
Note that any new devices launched by OnePlus will also be added to this list. However, it is highly unlikely that it will come with Android 10 instead of Android 11.
Note that since currently the OxygenOS 11 Android 11 Beta update is only live for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro, we have given the firmware links to those. Once the update is available for other eligible OnePlus devices, we will update this post. For HydrogenOS 11 Beta, Check out our separate article on HydrogenOS 11 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.
- OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
Software Version Changelog OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2
- Optimized some UI display in Settings
- Fixed the low probability issue that widgets did not respond
- Fixed the failure to wake up Google Assistant in some cases
- Fixed the issue that the HD icon on the call log interface was not centered
- Fixed the black screen issue when user entered “Tips & Support” interface
- Improved the system stability
- Fixed the issue that numbers disappeared in Timer under some special circumstances
- Ambient display
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone. You can view it anytime without waking up the screen (Path: Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
- Optimize the power consumption of the Smart 5G
OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 Key updates
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Brand new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now
- Optimized the brightness bar display in status bar, enabling you to quickly adjust it by pulling down quick settings.
- Game space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode, WhatsApp, Instagram and Screen Recorder at one place (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Ambient display
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule / All day option included. Path: Settings – Display – Ambient Display.
- Added 10 new clock styles. Path: Settings – Customization – Clock Style
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. ( To set: Settings>Customization>Clock Style)
- Dark mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range.
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, Zen space1,Zen space2), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you like this complete guide on OxygenOS 11 Android 11 for OnePlus devices. We will keep updating this post with the latest information available. The update will be made available to the OnePlus 8 series and OnePlus Nord as they are the recently released models and will soon make its way to older devices.
For more such awesome coverage, you can head over to our check out our Windows Guides, Gaming Guides, Social Media Guides, iPhone, and Android Guides to read more. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for awesome videos related to Android, iOS, and Gaming. Until the next post…Cheers!