Today OnePlus has started rolling the latest update for OnePlus 2. Don’t get too excited, this update is still based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. You can check out the Custom ROM based on Android Oreo and Nougat. This update brings the latest October Security Patch and KRACK Vulnerability Fix. The update comes with the software version of OxygenOS 3.6.1 which is still based on 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
The new update is sent via OTA (Over The Air) for few batch of devices and this incremental update will come to your device anytime soon. If you still waiting for OxygenOS 3.6.1 OTA update then you can head to the Settings –> About Phone –> Software Update and check manually to see if you have the OTA update of latest OxygenOS. If you didn’t receive the official OTA update, then you can download and install OxygenOS 3.6.1 for OnePlus 2 manually by following below guide.
You can get the update anytime soon as the company releasing the latest OxygenOS 3.6.1 in a phase-wise manner. This new update is packed with latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and also comes with October Security patch including some improvements and bug fixes. The users will receive the update notifications on their device. The update may take few weeks to reach all corners of the world.
You can flash the OxygenOS 3.6.1 on OnePlus 2 via ADB Sideload or directly from recovery. Once you flash the latest OxygenOS 3.6.1 for OnePlus 2, you will start receiving the OTA update of all future update of OxygenOS.
Table of Contents
OxygenOS 3.6.1 Features And Changelogs –
- Updated Android security patch level for October 2017
- Fixed WPA2 security issue
- General bug fixes and improvements
- This Update is only for OnePlus 2 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
OxygenOS 3.6.1 for OnePlus 2 Coming Soon
Steps to Install OxygenOS 3.6.1 for OnePlus 2 With October security patch
Method 1 :
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Extract the OxygenOs 3.6.1.Zip file.
- Copy the Extracted OxygenOs 3.6.1 files to folder where adb installed.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
- Connect your OnePlus 2 to PC/Mac using the USB Cable.
- Now in your PC, open the extract ADB Fastboot folder and Press and hold Shift key and Right click on your mouse to open the command prompt window.
- Now type the command in your command window.
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now flash the OxygenOs 3.6.1 Zip file using the below command. (filename is the downloaded zip file name)
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
For Mac/Linux: “/adb sideload <filename>"
Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOs 3.6.1.
Method 2 :
- Download the OxygenOS OTA Zip file from above download link
- Now move the downloaded zip file to root of your internal memory
- Turn off your phone and Boot into recovery using the combination key – by press and holding ‘Volume Down+Power Button‘
- Once you are booted into recovery, If it ask for preferred language – Select English
- Now select Wipe Data and Cache to make a clean Installation (use Volume Buttons to navigate and Power button to select), Ignore if you don’t want to clean installation process.
- After Wiping the data and Cache, Now select Install from Local and Browse for your Downloaded Zip file in your Internal memory.
- Select and Install the Update
- Wait for few minutes to complete the installation process.
- Once it is done! Reboot your Phone.
- That’s It! Done ! Enjoy the latest OxygenOS 3.6.1 on OnePlus 2.
Let us know your feedback on OxygenOs 3.6.1 for OnePlus 2 in the comment section below.
SOURCE – Click here