According to French publication Frandroid, OnePlus is literally working on with the latest OxygenOS 4.6 update for OnePlus 5. This update may bring major changes to the earlier released versions. As reported by Frandroid, OnePlus is trying to improve the battery performance of the device with the support of EAS technology. (Energy Aware Scheduling). Now you can download OxygenOS 4.6 update for OnePlus 5.
Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS) is an enhancement to Linux power management, unifying CPU power control under the Linux kernel. EAS extends the Linux kernel scheduler to make it fully aware of the power/performance capabilities of the CPUs in the system, to optimize energy consumption for advanced multi-core SoCs including big.LITTLE. With EAS, the Linux kernel will use the task load and a CPU ‘Energy Model’ to control task placement to select the optimal CPU to run on.
The update will be rolling out soon. The update will be sent via OTA (Over the Air) to all OnePlus 5 users in a phase wise manner. If you have the update then hit the download button to get the incremental update of OxygenOS 4.6 on OnePlus 5. In case if you still not yet received then don’t get panic, the rollout is gradual and may take some days to reach you and your OnePlus 5. So be patient. You will receive the update anytime soon on your phone.
Download and Install OxygenOS 4.6 update for OnePlus 5
Before waiting for the OTA, make sure you have the clean stock ROM without rooting or any hacks installed. This may keep your device from receiving the Stock ROM updates.
If you are not on the train to wait for the update, then here I will guide to manually update OnePlus 5 with OxygenOS 4.6. This update is simple and easy to follow. All you need is to download the full firmware package from below and follow the full guide to install OxygenOS 4.6 update for OnePlus 5. This is a manual process to install OxygenOS Update on OnePlus 5. So follow this if you want to upgrade your OnePlus 5 manually.
Here is the full changelog to the OxygenOS 4.6 update:
- Fixed reboot caused by dialing 911 on certain OnePlus 5 units
If you’ve already flashed a previous Stable build, you will receive this update via OTA. If you haven’t, you will need to flash this build by ADB sideload. Your data may transfer, but there is always a possibility of losing personal data, so be sure to backup all of your important data before flashing this build. As stated before, once you flash the Stable build, you’ll continue getting Stable build update.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
[su_spoiler title=”Full Guide to Install OxygenOS 4.6 update for OnePlus 5″ style=”fancy” icon=”arrow”]
Install OxygenOS 4.6 update for OnePlus 5
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Extract the OxygenOs.Zip file.
- Copy the Extracted OxygenOs zip to folder where adb installed.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
- Connect your OnePlus 5 to PC/Mac using the USB Cable.
- Now in your PC, open the extract ADB Fastboot folder and Press and hold Shift key and Right click on your mouse to open the command prompt window.
- Now type the command in your command window.
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now flash the OxygenOS 4.6 Zip file using the below command. (filename is the downloaded zip file name)
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
For Mac/Linux: “/adb sideload <filename>"
Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS 4.6 .
Download OTA 4.5.5 OTA update 59MB (OxygenOS 4.5.4 to OxygenOS 4.6)
Let us know your feedback on OxygenOS 4.6 for OnePlus 5 in the comment section below.