Good news for all the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 WiFi users as the November 2019 security patch update started rolling out for Hong Kong, Taiwan and South American region. The OTA update is arriving in batches and will soon hit the rest of the countries. If you’re using the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 WiFi, then you can download the latest update right now by following our full-depth guide below along with download links and requirements. The new update is based on Android 9.0 Pie and carries a software version of P200ZHU2ASK2 as well.
The latest firmware update for the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 WiFi (SM-P200) brings the November 2019 Android Security Patch Level that fixes a major bug in the system component that could enable a remote attacker. However, there are no extra improvements available in this update. If you want to upgrade your device to this latest version then you should check for the OTA update at first. Additionally, you can install the firmware on your device by using the Odin flash tool below.
Table of Contents
Usually, OTA update seeds in batch. So, first when the update rolls a limited number of users get it. Then in the subsequent days or weeks more uber of user start getting it. However, instead of waiting for the OTA to show up, you can search it up manually.
- Go to the phone Settings > System Update > tap on Check for Latest Updates.
If the November 2019 update P200ZHU2ASK2 shows up on your device, then tap on the Download button and Install the update. Keep a minimum of 50% battery percentage on your device before you install the update. Also, to download the update fast, you can make use of the Wi-Fi network.
Now, before we flashing the firmware let’s throw a glance on the firmware info.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 WiFi
- Model: SM-P200
- Baseband Version: P200ZHU2ASK2
- Security Patch Level: 2019-11-01 (November)
- Region: NewHong Kong, Taiwan and South American
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0
How to Install November 2019 Security patch for Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 WiFi
For the installation, we will use the Samsung exclusive flash tool called ODIN. We have linked it below for you, so you can download it. Also, we have put up some guidelines which you must go through and follow correctly to ensure that the firmware is properly installed on your Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 WiFi.
- The firmware zip file is only for Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 WiFi (SM-P200). Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
- You will need to enter into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Now, follow the link given below to download the firmware file for your Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 WiFi.
Stock Firmware Installation Guide: P200ZHU2ASK2
Now, considering that you have downloaded the stock ROM and the flash tool ODIN, check out the installation guides given below.How to use Odin Tool and flash stock firmware on a Samsung Device
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
So, now you know how important is the November security patch for the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 WiFi. So, download and install it now.