Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-P585M) is currently receiving May 2018 security patch update. This software moves the device build number to P585MUBU1BRD3 and brings the fix for some serious security issues and CVEs. The update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat. We recommend always to install the latest security patch on your device to safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus.
The update is live via OTA (Over the air) and will soon reach every corner of the world running on Stock OEM firmware. If you have the OTA update on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 SM-P585M, then hit the download to upgrade your device to P585MUBU1BRD3 May 2018 Security Patch. Along with this update for Galaxy Tab A 10.1, the update also fixes few other software related issues. It is always good to keep your device on the latest software update. In case if you still not received the build P585MUBU1BRD3, then make sure to check for the software update manually on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-P585M).
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy Tab A 10.1?
- In your Galaxy Tab A 10.1, Open your Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If you find any new software update, hit the Download now button to start upgrading. Wait till the download process completes and your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fcf8d7″ text_color=”#000000″]If you are manually downloading the latest P585MUBU1BRD3 May 2018 security patch then hang on to a strong Wi-Fi network. This will help you save your carrier data. Also, keep your phone battery on ample charge. If there is a low power, no update can take place. Alternatively, you can also manually download and install the OTA firmware on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 using ODIN Software. Below you can find the link to download the stock firmware and guide to install the software update.[/su_note]
Steps to Install P585MUBU1BRD3 manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1.
Required Download Files
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy Tab A 10.1 [SM-P585M]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to P585MUBU1BRD3 on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 SM-P585M.
I hope this guide was helpful to install May 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 based on Android 7.0 Nougat.