Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus (A6020) launched in February 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.1 Lollipop. Today, we will show you the steps to download Paranoid Android on Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus based on Android 10 Q. If you are also among one of them, or the tech geek inside you wishes to try out something new on your device, then this is what you could do. Today, we will show you the steps to install the Paranoid Android Quartz ROM on your Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus device. So if you wish to try it out, here are all the instructions that you would be needing for the same. But first, let’s have a look at this ROM and the features that it has in store.
Talking about the specifications, Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus features a 5.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8939v2 Snapdragon 616 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory. The camera on the Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus comes with 13MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Removable Li-Ion 2750 mAh battery.
What is Paranoid Android Quartz ROM?
It is indeed quite pleasing to see the support of custom ROM in a recently released device. On that note, Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus has now welcomed the Paranoid Android Quartz Alpha ROM. The ROM is based on Android 10 (aka Android Q) and comes with quite a few features and customizations, to begin with. There are also some UI improvements to further enhance the user experience. Since the ROM is based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, you could expect a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality as compared with the AOSP platform.
Furthermore, the ROM has arter97 kernel preinstalled. Apart from that, it has also incorporated the GApps Nano package. The nano package has core Google system base, Google Android Shared Library, Google Play Store, Google Calendar Sync, Face Detection for Media, Dialer Framework and the following Play Store applications: Google Package Installer, Google Play Services, Device Health Services, Google Markup, Google App (Search). Apart from that, the rest apps could easily be downloaded from the Play Store. Since the ROM is based on Android 10, let’s now check out what’s new in this Android build before proceeding with the installation steps.
Android 10 and their Features:
Android 10 was released in the first week of September 2019. Let’s check out some of its noteworthy features:
Although Google was playing with the idea of gestures even in Android Pie, however, this is the first build where we are seeing its proper implementation. This new gesture uses swipes and taps, rather than the usual three-button navigation. For example, a quick swipe from the bottom will directly take you to the home screen
This was one of the most requested features that Google finally paid heed to. You could now enable System-wide dark mode on any device running Android 10. Furthermore, there is also an override force dark option that enables the dark toggle in apps that natively don’t support it.
This is another appreciable addition to Android 10. Earlier you could either allow for permission or deny, there wasn’t anything in between. But in this Android build, you could make the app take permission only while its in use. In Android 10, this is only true for location permissions but will be expanded to other permissions in Android 11.
Rather than sharing the WiFi password in plain text, you could now do so via the QR Code as well. The option is baked in the WiFi settings page and allows you to connect to any WiFi network just by scanning its associated QR Code.
You could now also enable live captions on any video of your choice. It doesn’t matter whether the uploader has provided the same or not. Your Android device will handly all this pretty efficiently.
The Smart Reply feature allows you to reply to any message directly from the notification panel. Apart from that, you could now access apps from that section as well. For example, if someone has sent you an address, then Smart Reply will automatically bring the option to launch Google Maps.
These are just a few of the many new additions to the Android 10 update. For the complete list, check out our guide on top 10 Android 10 features and details.Related Post
- How To Root and Install Official TWRP Recovery On Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (A6020)
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus [Updated]
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus
Steps to Install Paranoid Android on Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus:
We have mentioned the features that this ROM brings with itself, the Android 10 features and the issues as well. Now let us check out the steps to install the Paranoid Android ROM on your Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus handset.
- Start by creating a complete backup of your device.
- Next up, you will also have to unlock the bootloader on your Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus.
- Download and install the Android SDK and Platform Tools on your PC for executing fastboot commands.
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus
- Finally, download the Paranoid Android ROM for Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus
Instructions to Install
- First off, download all the required files and drivers.
- Make sure to remove the lock screen pattern/pin.
- Move the downloaded Paranoid ROM zip file to your device using USB Cable
- Boot your device into TWRP Recovery
- Make sure to flash the latest Android 10 Srock ROM on your device
- Next, flash your Paranoid ROM inside the TWRP Recovery. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Flash the Android 10 Gapps using TWRP [Optional]
- Inside the recovery, highlight the Wipe Data option using the Volume keys and press the Power key to confirm your decision.
- Once it is done, you could now boot your device and enjoy the new ROM.
So this was all the required steps to install the Paranoid Android Quartz ROM on your Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus. On that note, once you have installed it onto your device, do share your experiences about the same in the comments section below. Happy Flashing! Before rounding off, don’t forget to check out our iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks and Android Tips and Tricks section.