In this guide, we will show you how to install the Paranoid Android Android 11 ROM onto your Redmi Note 5 Pro. Then if you step into custom development, you could further expand and explore the device’s possibilities. Making use of the Android open-source ecosystem, there are a plethora of ROMs, custom recovery, mods, and tweaks already available for this device. Well, this shouldn’t come as a surprise to many since the OEM has always been among the most active players in this community. In this regard, the popular Paranoid Android based on Android 11 is now available for your Redmi Note 5 Pro. And in this guide, we will show you how to install it onto your device right away. So follow along for the detailed instructions.
- What is Paranoid Android ROM
- How to Install Paranoid Android on Redmi Note 5 Pro:
What is Paranoid Android ROM
Using the Code Aurora Forum (CAF) Android base, you should expect a greater degree of performance and battery life. Along the same lines, this Custom ROM has incorporated quite a lot of noteworthy features and user interface tweaks thereby enhancing the overall UI. Plus you could also try out the Paranoid Android exclusive wallpapers using the backed in Abstruct app.
Then the fact that it is based on the latest Android 11, and you are in for a plentitude of features. The new Conversation section, the ability to view Notification history, and the introduction of Chat bubbles are surely going to streamline your conversations. Along the same lines, the One Time Permission set will further strengthen the device security. The Power menu has also undergone major changes with the incorporation of Smart device controls.
The Dark Mode Scheduling and the ability to pin apps to share sheets will come in useful as well. So with such a long list of features, no doubt why users are looking to install the Paranoid Android Ruby Alpha 1 Android 11 ROM onto their Redmi Note 5 Pro device. And if you echo these thoughts as well, then the below instructions shall help you out. Follow along for the detailed instructions.
How to Install Paranoid Android on Redmi Note 5 Pro:
Before we list out the instructions, make sure to checkmark all the requirements that we have mentioned below. Furthermore, we have listed the instructions in separate sections for ease of understanding. Follow them in the exact same sequence as mentioned.
STEP 1: Backup Data and Charge your Device
First and foremost, take a backup of all the data on your device. This is because the below process will wipe off all the data on your device. Along the same lines, keep your device sufficiently charged, so that it doesn’t turn off midway during the flashing process. At least 50% charged should be the minimum level.
STEP 2: Install the Necessary Drivers
STEP 3: Unlock the Device Bootloader
To install the Paranoid Android on Redmi Note 5 Pro, your device’s bootloader needs to be installed. If you haven’t done so, then refer to our comprehensive guide on Unlock Bootloader and Root Redmi Note 5 Pro | How-to Guide. The guide also has the steps to root your device, you may skip it as of now.
STEP 4: Enable USB Debugging
Next up, enable USB Debugging on your device. This will make your device recognizable by your PC in ADB mode. So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
STEP 5: Download Paranoid Android for Redmi Note 5 Pro
You may now download the Paranoid Android for your Redmi Note 5 Pro device from the below link. Before flashing the ROM, make sure that you are on the latest firmware.
- ROM OS Version: Android 11 R
- Download ROM: Link
With this, we are done with the prerequisites. Let’s now turn our attention to the steps to install the Paranoid Android Android 11 ROM on your Redmi Note 5 Pro device.
STEP 6: Install Paranoid Android on Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Start off by connecting your device to the PC via USB Cable.
- Then transfer the downloaded ROM to the platform-tools folder on your PC. For the sake of simplicity, rename the file to ROM, hence the complete name will be ROM.ZIP.
- Inside the platform-tools folder, head over to its address bar, type in CMD and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt window.
- Now type in the below command to boot your deivce to the Fastboot Mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Execute the below command and if you get the device ID, it means the connection has been successfully established. Otherwise, reverify the driver installations.
- Finally, type in the below command to flash the ROM (here ROM.zip is the name of the ROM that we are flashing):
fastboot update ROM.zip
- Once the ROM is flashed, you will have to reboot your device to Recovery. You may either do so via the hardware key combinations or by using the below fastboot command:
fastboot reboot recovery
- Now wipe the userdata from the recovery (this will erase all the data from your device, so make sure that you have taken a backup beforehand).
- Once that is done, just reboot the device to the system and enjoy the newly installed OS.
That’s it. This was all from this guide on how to install the Paranoid Android Android 11 ROM on your Redmi Note 5 Pro device. Do share your user experience with this ROM in the comments section below. Likewise, if you have any queries, drop them in the comments below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.