Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T (willow) launched in November 2019. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. The Wait is over. Finally, Paranoid Android is back to the custom ROM development stage. If you haven’t heard this name, Well! Paranoid Android, also known as AOSPA is a popular custom ROM built with mission to achieve new innovative features, a slick user interface, improved performance, and battery backup. Now the good news is that the ROM is currently available for Redmi Note 8T. Here we will guide on how to install Paranoid Android on Redmi Note 8T.
If you want to install the AOSPA custom ROM on your device. Then, make sure to download the latest TWRP Recovery version for your Redmi Note 8T to enjoy the Paranoid Android based on Android Pie without any error.
The device comes with a 6.3-inches Full-HD IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels at a pixel density of 409 ppi and a 19.5:9 aspect ratio screen. It’s powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 SoC, coupled with Adreno 610 GPU, 3GB/4GB RAM, 32GB/64GB/128GB storage. The storage is expandable up to 256GB via a dedicated MicroSD card slot. The device is equipped with a quad rear camera setup of a 48MP (wide, f/1.8), an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2), a 2MP (dedicated macro camera, f/2.4), and a 2MP (f/2.4) depth sensor. It has an LED flash, PDAF, HDR, Panorama, Gyro-EIS, etc. While the front features a single 13MP selfie shooter (wide, f/2.0) with HDR, Panorama, and AI Face Unlock support.
Table of Contents
What’s Paranoid Android?
Paranoid Android is one popular custom ROM built with many new innovative features, a slick user interface, improved performance, and battery backup. Now AOSPA is back in the game again with Android 9.0 Pie builds. Starting today, you can download and install Paranoid Android on Redmi Note 8T, Mi 6, Mi 8, Mi Mix 2S and Pocophone F1 smartphones, and in a few days, they will release this firmware for Essential Phone, OnePlus 6 and 6T, Motorola Moto G5 Plus. In early days, we had seen many features such as Pie Control mode, custom camera binaries, themes support (Built-in Color Engine), OTA updates, design, Gesture Support, immersive mode (run any app in full-screen view), etc.
Just like every custom ROM, you’ll need to have an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery (such as TWRP) in order to install Paranoid Android AOSPA on Redmi Note 8T.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install Paranoid Android on Redmi Note 8T:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers, Gapps and things to start with.
- Supported: Redmi Note 8T:
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 8T.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 8T
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download Paranoid Android ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Supported Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, Download and AOSPA ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the Paranoid Android zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the Paranoid Android on Redmi Note 8T.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Paranoid Android on Redmi Note 8T. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T [Updated]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T based on Android 10 Q
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T
- Download Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T with Android 10 Q