Though we have stepped freshly into January 2020, some Sprint devices are still stuck in the last month. What we mean is they are still getting the December 2019 security patch. Speaking of which Sprint Moto G7 Play is currently getting a new software via OTA. It packs the Android security patch for December 2019 and carries the build number PCYS29.105-134-6.
The update has started rolling via OTA (Over the air) for users running stock firmware. As per the release statement, the update is still running on Android 9.0 Pie firmware and brings the December 2019 Security Patch. There is no much information about the changes included in the latest update. The update will drop in due course of time. If you feel that the software has delayed enough to show up, you can capture it manually, if the OTA delays to show up. We have outlined the process below.
How To Capture OTA Update on Sprint Moto G7 Play
To do it,
- Go to your device Settings > System Update
- Now Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
- Tap Restart Now after the software installs to automatically restart your Moto G7 Play.
Usually, software updates are large files, so grab it using Wi-Fi to save carrier data charges. Alternatively, we will put up the firmware download link which brings the Sprint Moto G7 Play December 2019 security patch.
PCYS29.105-134-6 Firmware Details:
- Device Name: Moto G7 Play
- Carrier: Sprint
- Region: USA
- Codename: Channel
- Model No: XT1952-4
- Release date: December 27, 2019
- Android version: 9.0 Pie
- Security patch level (SPL): December 1, 2019
- Build number: PCYS29.105-134-6
- File size: 256MB
Download Firmware here
- PCYS29.105-134-6 – Download Now
Steps to Install Update on Sprint Moto G7 Play (Channel)
Still not received the OTA update? then, don’t panic. Here we have the full firmware package and method to install the firmware on your Motorola Moto G7 Play manually.
- This Update is only for Sprint Moto G7 Play (Channel) users.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download and Install Motorola USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot tools
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Instructions to InstallGuide to Install Motorola Stock Firmware
So, that’s it. There you are. Now you have successfully flashed the latest December 2019 security patch update on Moto G7 Play (Channel).
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest updates on monthly firmware updates for Motorola smartphones.