Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus is a cool smartphone with exciting features, which was released in December 2017. On the off chance that you are a very knowledgeable user who is continually endeavoring to test the most recent applications, games, and other technical stuff, and for any reason you need to reset your Redmi 5 Plus either hard or soft then continue reading as I will share a detailed guide on how to easily reset on Redmi 5 Plus smartphones.
Generally, the Android platform runs without big problems, implying that you ought to love a steady and a smooth experience. When you forget the patterns, pins, and passwords or are related to the Android system, such as mobile data, active, slow, hang, boot loop, the application closes and so on, a hard reset can help you fix that. Likewise, when you sell your phone to someone, a hard reset is important in wiping all the information in the device.
Another point is when you reset your device because of a technical problem, there is one way to make sure that you do not lose anything on your phone and that is called a backup. This is the only way to make sure that even after you reset it, the data in the phone will have been stored somewhere safe. Along these lines, in the event that you are intending to reset your Redmi 5 Plus, then backing up your data is the initial step you have to take unless you would prefer not to continue with anything that is still on the phone. When you can utilize the cloud-based storage options available on the internet to make your backup, there’s likewise the choice to do it the traditional way by means of a PC. It’s just a suggestion you can think when you want to reset your phone.
RECOMMENDED READ:How To Root Install TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Redmi 5/5 Plus (Magisk)
Perform Factory Data Reset on Redmi 5 Plus
A hard reset or factory data reset will erase your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus, which implies before hard reset you bear in mind to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you want to do a factory data reset or hard reset, then proceed to the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus smartphone and follow the given steps.
How to Hard Reset Your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
This is not an easy step just like the title said, “Hard Reset“. This can be carried out when you want to totally wipe everything on the phone even the account info stored. Follow this steps:
- If your phone is switched on, shut it down by holding the power key until the shutdown operation is complete, or once press the power key and select ‘power off’.
- Hold down the Volume Up and Power Button for a few moments; When the MI logo releases the power key but pressing the volume up button; The recovery mode menu should now be displayed on your phone.
- Use Volume keys to scroll up and down and select the power button in the recovery mode.
- Select “Wipe data factory reset’ and confirm.
- This is optional, You can choose ‘wipe the cache partition’ to wipe it completely and then ‘wipe Dalvik cache’.
- After this has been carried out, go back to the recovery main menu and select ‘reboot system now’.
How to Soft Reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
This is the easiest way of resetting your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus that’s why its called “Soft Reset”. Kindly follow this steps if you want to go soft on your device:
- Power on your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
- Tap the menu and then settings.
- Click Backup and Reset Entry located in Additional Settings
- Tap the factory data reset option there.
- Choose Phone Reset
- Start the factory reset operation and wait for it to complete automatically.
Congratulations, you just did/ learned hard or soft reset of the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.