Xiaomi is well known for the Product quality and the pricing of their smartphones in both Indian and as well as a home country in China. In this tutorial, we will help you to perform Factory Data reset on Xiaomi Mi A1.
Xiaomi Mi A1 features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 and Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB via MicroSD. The camera on the Xiaomi Mi A1 comes with Dual 12 MP (26mm, f/2.2; 50mm, f/2.6), phase detection autofocus, 2x optical zoom, dual-LED (dual tone) flash and 5MP front shooting camera.
Nowadays Smartphones have become our family members in the present scenario. We often care them, maintain them and in fact, we have made them a part of a very large number of tasks we perform in day to day life. It is true that things can go out of control anytime with a device. Many times a user fails to know what exactly the issue with their smartphone is even after everything seems to work fine. If you own a Xiaomi Mi A1 are experiencing some minor issues with the same, we guide you on how to perform a Factory Data Reset on Xiaomi Mi A1.
The fact is many times smartphones experiences problems when we need them in an emergency. Imagine a situation you are in a middle of something and have an emergency. In case your device faces issues in such a situation, a factory data reset can surely bring it into a good working condition at least for the time being. A factory resets to let you have a novel start by deleting everything on your smartphone. Of course, you can save data before you proceed, but because factory reset erases everything, all the viruses and unauthorized files present in the device will also be gone. We mentioned a few steps in this post that are useful for performing simply both a hard and soft factory reset on Xiaomi Mi A1.
How to perform Factory Data Reset on Xiaomi Mi A1
Everyone can have his/her own reasons for performing a factory reset on Xiaomi Mi A1. Having a fresh start with Android, selling the phone, or boosting the performance are some of the common reasons why most of the users go for it. There are two options available actually to keep up the pace. One is a hard factory reset while other is soft factory reset. Both these methods are good and will bring similar outcomes when you choose to perform Xiaomi Mi A1 factory reset. Basically, a soft reset is considered as best when you are able to boot into Android. This is due to the fact that it’s easy and quick. On the other side, if you are not able to boot into Android, you can go with Hard Factory Data Reset on Xiaomi Mi A1.
Instructions for Soft Factory Reset
- Firstly open the setting applications on Xiaomi Mi A1.
- After this, go to the system section which is at the bottom.
- Click on “Backup & Reset” option and tap on “Factory Data Reset”
- You have the option to choose whether you need to erase data from the internal storage of your Xiaomi Mi A1.
- You will see a button named “Reset Phone”. Tap on it and then tap again on the button “Erase Everything”.
- Just wait for some time. Your Xiaomi Mi A1 will reboot. The time it takes to start again depends on the amount of data you have on your phone.
Instructions for Hard Factory Reset
- For the hard factory reset, the first thing you need to do is booting your device into the recovery mode.
- After this, tap on the “English” option and then tap on Wipe Data and Cache option.
- You will see an option “Erase everything”, simply tap on it.
- A window will appear saying “this cannot be undone”. Click on it.
- Now just wait till your device perform the factory reset.
- Finally, tap on the Reboot option. This will bring your phone back into Android.
- That’s it! You have done the Factory Data reset on Xiaomi Mi A1
It’s worth mentioning here that you must keep the backup of apps, data or anything important you kept in device before you actually perform the factory reset. It really doesn’t matter which method you choose, results will be similar. It is recommended to you to go with hard reboot only in case you are not able to boot into Android.
I hope this guide was helpful to perform Factory Data reset on Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Xiaomi Mi A1 Stock Firmware Collections
- Download and Install N2G47H.7.8.23 Nougat for Xiaomi Mi A1
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Mi A1 (5X)