Here we will guide on how to perform a hard Reset on Huawei Mate 20X. Everyone can have his/her own reasons for performing a factory Reset on Huawei Mate 20X. Having a fresh start with Android, selling the phone, or boosting the performance are some of the common reasons why most of the users go for it.
Table of Contents
Steps to Perform Hard Reset on Huawei Mate 20X
There are two methods available actually to keep up the pace. One is a hard factory reset via Settings and another is factory reset via Recovery. Both these methods are good and will bring similar outcomes when you choose to perform Huawei Mate 20X factory reset. Basically, when you are able to boot into Android, you can perform the hard reset from Settings menu. On the other side, if you are not able to boot into Android, you can go with Hard Factory Data Reset on Huawei Mate 20X via Recovery.
Instructions for Hard Reset via Settings
- Firstly open the setting applications on Huawei Mate 20X.
- After this, go to the system section which is at the bottom.
- Click on “Backup & Reset” option and tap on “Factory Data Reset”
- You have the option to choose whether you need to erase data from the internal storage of your Huawei Mate 20X.
- You will see a button named “Reset Phone”. Tap on it and then tap again on the button “Erase Everything”.
- Just wait for some time. Your Huawei Mate 20X will reboot. The time it takes to start again depends on the amount of data you have on your phone.
Instructions for Hard Factory Reset via Recovery
- For the hard factory reset, the first thing you need to do is booting your device into the recovery mode.
- After this, tap on the “English” option and then tap on Wipe Data and Cache option.
- You will see an option “Erase everything”, simply tap on it.
- A window will appear saying “this cannot be undone”. Click on it.
- Now just wait till your device perform the factory reset.
- Finally, tap on the Reboot option. This will bring your phone back to Android.
- That’s it! You have done the Factory Data Reset on Huawei Mate 20X
I hope this guide was useful to hard reset your Huawei Mate 20X.
Huawei Mate 20X Specifications:
Huawei Mate 20X features a 7.2 inches OLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2240 Pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-Core 4x 2.6 GHz ARM Cortex-A76 4x, 2x 1.92 GHz ARM Cortex-A76 4x 1.8 GHz ARM Cortex-A55 HiSilicon Kirin 980 7nm Processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB internal memory which can also be expanded upto 512GB via microSD card.The camera on the Huawei Mate 20X comes with Triple 40MP + 20MP + 8MP LED flash rear camera and also 24MP depth sensor front shooting camera.
Huawei Mate 20X runs on Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0 UI and a Non-removable Li-Ion 5000 mAh battery with Fast charging. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the back. The handset supports dual sim with 4G on both slot. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G, and 4G.