Here we will guide on how to perform a hard Reset on Huawei Mate 9. Everyone can have his/her own reasons for performing a factory Reset on Huawei Mate 9. Having a fresh start with Android, selling the phone, or boosting the performance are some of the common reasons why most of the users go for it.
Steps to Perform Hard Reset on Huawei Mate 9
There are two methods available actually to keep up the pace. One is a hard factory reset via Settings and another is factory reset via Recovery. Both these methods are good and will bring similar outcomes when you choose to perform Huawei Mate 9 factory reset. Basically, when you are able to boot into Android, you can perform the hard reset from Settings menu. On the other side, if you are not able to boot into Android, you can go with Hard Factory Data Reset on Huawei Mate 9 via Recovery.
Instructions for Hard Reset via Settings
- Firstly open the setting applications on Huawei Mate 9.
- After this, go to the system section which is at the bottom.
- Click on “Backup & Reset” option and tap on “Factory Data Reset”
- You have the option to choose whether you need to erase data from the internal storage of your Huawei Mate 9.
- You will see a button named “Reset Phone”. Tap on it and then tap again on the button “Erase Everything”.
- Just wait for some time. Your Huawei Mate 9 will reboot. The time it takes to start again depends on the amount of data you have on your phone.
Instructions for Hard Factory Reset via Recovery
- For the hard factory reset, the first thing you need to do is booting your device into the recovery mode.
- After this, tap on the “English” option and then tap on Wipe Data and Cache option.
- You will see an option “Erase everything”, simply tap on it.
- A window will appear saying “this cannot be undone”. Click on it.
- Now just wait till your device perform the factory reset.
- Finally, tap on the Reboot option. This will bring your phone back to Android.
- That’s it! You have done the Factory Data Reset on Huawei Mate 9
I hope this guide was useful to hard reset your Huawei Mate 9.
Huawei Mate 9 Specifications:
Huawei Mate 9 features a 5.9 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Quad-core 4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 HiSilicon Kirin 960 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded upto 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Mate 9 comes with dual 12 MP + 20 MP, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, HDR, panorama and 8 MP front shooting camera.
Huawei Mate 9 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat, upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo with EMUI 5.0 and backed by Li-Po 4000 mAh Non-removable battery. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the back. The handset supports Hybrid Dual SIM with 4G on both slot. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.