Moto Z2 Play was unveiled in June 2017. The phone has a 5.5-inch display screen with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels at a PPI of 401 pixels per inch. The Moto Z2 Play runs on 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 processor and also with 4GB of RAM. It boasts of 64GB internal storage that can be expanded via a microSD card. when it comes to the cameras, the Moto Z2 Play comes with a 12MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera for selfies. Moto Z2 Play is powered by Android 7.1.1 and a 3000mAh non-removable battery.
RECOMMENDED READS: Guide to Fix Battery Draining and Slow Charging Problem on Moto Z2 Play
This article highlights ways in which you can perform a hard reset on Moto Z2 Play which is mostly used to solve problems with your device, and also to unlock the device when the password, pin or pattern is forgotten.
Hard reset mode is a process that rolls back the device to its default settings, that is, it returns the device to how it was when it was bought. It is a built-in process initiated on Android. It is a function within the Google core system and can be utilized without any third-party app.
There are a few reasons why an Android user would want to hard reset his device. Some are:
- To fix multiple crashes
- Delete virus
- Delete all types of data from the device, etc.
Before you perform a hard reset on Moto Z2 Play, make sure all your personal files and phone data is backed up on either an external storage device or through Google drive services. Also, ensure the battery life of your device is at a minimum of 50%. This is to ensure the reset process runs its course without interruption so as to avoid software crashes.
Different Methods of Performing Hard Reset on Moto Z2 Play
– Start by turning off the Motorola Moto Z2 Play by holding down the power key for about 5 to 8 seconds.
– Press and hold the volume down button for about 10 to 20 seconds.
– While still holding the volume down button, press the power button for a short while and release all buttons.
– Choose the recovery option by using the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to confirm.
– When the Android logo pops up, hold down the power button for a while.
– While still holding the power button, press and release the volume up button.
– Hold down the volume down button to choose wipe data/factory reset, and push the power button to confirm.
– Select yes, delete all user data. Use the volume down button to scroll and the power button to select.
– In order to restart the phone, select reboot system now.
Note: Do not interrupt while the process is running. Wait until the Motorola welcome panel pops up.
– If the display is off, hold down the power button to turn it back on.
– Afterwards, go to settings and then to backup and reset.
– In the next step, tap factory data reset and select reset device.
– Choose to erase everything if you are sure you want to clear all your data.
– Once completed, all the data on your phone would be deleted
With either of the methods above, you can boot your device into recovery mode and navigate the various options your phone possesses.