In this article, you’ll learn about some of the best ways to perform a hard reset on the Samsung Galaxy S7. Well, recently, many users reported that their 5-year-old flagship device has become slow and laggy. So, in order to fix this issue, you need to hard reset your device as this is one of the effective ways. But, not many users are familiar with it. That’s why we are here. So, let’s get started with the guide and check out the necessary steps that you need to follow.
Best Ways to Perform Hard Reset on Samsung Galaxy S7
Before we hover over to the steps, you first need to make sure to log out from all your account as this might cause severe issues. So, here are some steps that you should follow to log out your accounts or remove them from your device:
- First of all, follow the path: Settings > Lock Screen and Security.
- Thereafter, remove all the security settings such as patterns, pins, biometrics, etc.
- Now, follow the path: Settings > Accounts > Accounts. Then, choose the account that you wish to remove and hit the Remove button.
That’s it. Now, you removed all your accounts from Samsung Galaxy S7. So, now let’s take a look at the methods to perform a hard reset.
Method 1: From Phone Settings
This is one of the easiest methods that you can use. So, if you don’t know how to do this, then follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, follow the path: Settings > General Management > Reset.
- Then, select the Factory Data Reset option.
- Now, take a look at which type of data will be erased after the Reset. Then, simply hit the Reset. Now, it may ask you to enter your pin or password. So, enter it to confirm your action.
- That’s it. Now, your phone will start rebooting. After it gets booted successfully, your phone will now run smoothly.
Method 2: Recovery Mode
If the above method doesn’t work in your case, then you can use the recovery mode feature to wipe data from your Galaxy S7. So, here are the steps that you require to follow:
- Firstly, shut down your Galaxy S7. Then, boot your Galaxy S7 device into recovery mode by pressing Power + Home + Volume Up altogether.
- You need to press the button until you see the Recovery Booting displayed.
- Now, a list of options will appear. So, you can use Volume Down and up button to scroll down and up. Then, to select it to press the Power button. So, select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset and press Power.
- Then, if it asks you to confirm your action, press Volume Down and select Yes, and hit the Power button.
- Now, when you get the Data Wipe Complete message. After that, press the power button to reboot your device.
So, that’s how you can wipe data from your Samsung Galaxy S7. We hope this guide helped you. But, if you have any doubts in your mind, then let us know in the comment section.