Here we will guide on how to perform a Hard Reset on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime. Everyone can have his/her own reasons for performing a factory Reset on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime. Having a fresh start with Android, selling the phone, or boosting the performance are some of the common reasons why most of the users go for it.
Steps to Perform Hard Reset on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
There are two methods available actually to keep up the pace. One is a hard factory reset via Settings and another is factory reset via Recovery. Both these methods are good and will bring similar outcomes when you choose to perform Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime factory reset. Basically, when you are able to boot into Android, you can perform the hard reset from Settings menu. On the other side, if you are not able to boot into Android, you can go with Hard Factory Data Reset on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime via Recovery.
Instructions for Hard Reset via Settings
- In your Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime device, Go to Apps
- Select Settings
- Now Additional settings
- Tap on Backup and reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Click on Reset Phone and wait 10 seconds.
- Tap on Next and again wait 10 seconds
- That’s it! Confirm by pressing OK! Done!
- You have successfully performed a hard reset.
Instructions for Hard Factory Reset via Recovery
Want to hard reset your Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime? then, enter the recovery mode first.
Things to Note while using Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime Stock Recovery Mode
- Use Volume keys to navigate between each menu (UP and DOWN)
- To confirm, you can use the Power button.
- First of all, Turn off your Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime.
- Now Press and hold Volume UP key + Power Key on your Redmi 4 Prime device simultaneously for a while
- Once you see the Xiaomi Mi logo, you can release the button.
- Your phone has entered recovery mode, now you can select the language
- Now your device will enter the stock recovery mode
- You can navigate using Volume UP and DOWN button
- Now select Wipe/Data and press Power button to confirm
- That’s it! Confirm and done!
I hope this guide was useful to hard reset your Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime Specifications:
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime features a 5 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The device is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (14 nm) processor under Adreno 506 GPU. The handset packs 32GB variant with 3GB of RAM. Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime sports a Single rear camera with 13MP camera and Single Selfie camera with 5MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow under MIUI 8 software package and backed by 4100 mAh battery. It has a fingerprint reader on the back.