BQ Mobile BQ S-5020 Strike was launched in 2016. The handset came with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Today, we will be guiding you on how to download and install Pixel Experience ROM on BQ S-5020 Strike which is based on the latest Stock Android 9.0 Pie GSI build. Thanks to the Developer EnesSastim for building the Pixel Experience GSI ROM.
As the name suggests, ROM brings the real Google Pixel Experience ROM on BQ S-5020 Strike. It has all the features and applications which comes out of the box with Google Pixel smartphone. These features include Pixel sound packs, Live wallpaper, Pixel boot animation, Pixel launcher and so on. Let’s see how to download and flash Pixel Experience ROM on BQ S-5020 Strike with Android 9.0 Pie
Talking about the specifications, BQ Mobile BQS-5020 Strike features a 5-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It is powered by MediaTek MT6580 Processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. The phone packs 8GB internal memory with an expandable storage support of 64GB via microSD card. The camera on the BQ Mobile BQS-5020 Strike comes with 13MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 5MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-Removable 2,000 mAh Lithium-Polymer battery.
What’s New with Android 9.0 Pie?
Android Pie is a major update in the Android ecosystem. Its the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Google Pixel Experience ROM on BQ S-5020 Strike
Google Pixel Experience ROM was designed in such a way so that users can get all the feature from flagship Pixel devices. You will get all the features, sounds and feel of having a Google Pixel device. This custom ROM has the following features:
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
- How to Install Stock ROM on BQ S-5020 Strike [Firmware Flash File/Unbrick]
- Download AOSPExtended for BQ Mobile BQ S-5020 Strike based on Android 9.0 Pie
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery On BQ S-5020 Strike
- Download and Install crDroid OS on BQ Mobile BQ S-5020 Strike (Android 10 Q)
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for BQ Mobile BQ S-5020 Strike
Steps to install Pixel Experience ROM on BQ S-5020 Strike
Now if you’re familiar with installing custom ROMs in Android, then it same as that. However, if you have never done this before then dot worry. We will be guiding you through each step and process.
To make the task easy, we have divided the unlocking process into two parts. In the first part, we will brief you about the files requires and Pre-Requisites for the bootloader unlocking process. Then we will start with the actual installation part.
To install Pixel Experience ROM on BQ S-5020 Strike, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If your device doesn’t support TWRP, then you can follow the second method to sideload the Pixel Experience ROM via ADB Fastboot.
These are the files you will be needing to Install Pixel Experience ROM on BQ S-5020 Strike. Please, download them before proceeding with the procedure.
- Supported Smartphone: BQ S-5020 Strike
- Charge the BQ S-5020 Strike to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- You need to Unlock the bootloader on BQ S-5020 Strike.
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
GSI build is still a work in progress, so this ROM may not be stable. Please try for yourself and see how things go around with the new Pixel Experience GSI build..
ROM is still under experiments. GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.