Motorola Moto E5 (nora) launched in April 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. Here we have a latest Custom ROM which brings all the Google Pixel phone feature on your Motorola Moto E5. This custom ROM is known as Google Pixel Experience ROM. Now you can download and install Pixel Experience ROM on Moto E5 based on Android 9.0 Pie.
The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Moto E5 features a 5.7-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 and Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Moto E5 comes with 13MP with LED flash rear camera and 5MP front shooting camera for selfies with LED flash. The handset came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo and backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 10W. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
What is Pixel Experience ROM?
As the name suggests, ROM brings the real Google Pixel Experience ROM on Moto E5. It has all the features and applications which comes out of the box with Google Pixel smartphone. Now you can experience the real Pixel Smartphone with this ROM. With this ROM, you can enjoy
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
Here you can download and install the latest Google Pixel Experienced ROM for Motorola Moto E5 based on Android 9.0 Pie now available. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
Steps to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Moto E5 (nora)
To install this ROM on Motorola Moto E5 (nora), First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery.
- Supported Smartphone: Motorola Moto E5 (nora)
- Charge the Motorola Moto E5 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Motorola Moto E5 Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Pixel Experience ROM on Moto E5.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, and Data and then swipe to wipe.
- First install Lineage OS 15.1 Treble ROM on Moto E5
- Now you can install the Pixel Experience System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Pixel Experience ROM on Moto E5 (nora) based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method doesn’t work, then go to the Pixel Experience ROM Phh-Treble thread in XDA and report your issue.