Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite (Also known Mi CC9 in China) was launched last year in September month with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. The device later upgraded to Android 10 with MIUI 11. If you have bought this device and looking for a new custom ROM, then you are in the right place. Here we have a Pixel Experience ROM for your Mi 9 Lite based on Android 10.0 Q.
With this ROM, you will get the real Pixel device experience on your Mi 9 Lite without buying an expensive Pixel 4 or later device. As we said, this ROM is based on Android 10 which brings new system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Table of Contents
What is Pixel Experience ROM?
As the name suggests, ROM brings the real Google Pixel Experience ROM on Mi 9 Lite. It has all the features and applications which comes out of the box with Google Pixel smartphone. Now you can experience the real Pixel Smartphone with this ROM. With this ROM, you can enjoy
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
Here you can download and install the latest Google Pixel Experienced ROM for Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite based on Android 10 now available. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Specifications
It’s important that we get to know the device in the context in more detail. The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite released globally in September 2019. It runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor. The phone has a 6.3-inches AMOLED display with a pixel resolution of 1080 x 2340. Out-of-the-box the phone runs on Android 9.0 Pie along with Xiaomi’s skin MIUI 10. It only comes with a 6GB RAM variant with options for 64 GB and 128 GB of storage.
The camera department of Mi 9 Lite brings a triple camera lens of 48 (wide)+2(ultrawide)+2 MP (depth sensor). The phone also comes with a front-facing camera of 32-MP. The power backup of Mi 9 Lite comes from a Li-Po battery of 4030mAh. The device also supports fast-charging.
What's Working/Known issue:
Sound / vibration
FM and selinux
Steps to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite
To install this ROM on Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery.
- Supported Smartphone: Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite (pyxis)
- Charge the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite
Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Xiaomi Mi A3 Internal storage.
- You can reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi A3.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe.
Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Zip -> select Pixel Experiece.zip file.
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy it!
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- List of Pixel Experience ROM Supported Devices
- MIUI 12: What’s new in MIUI 12 and Supported device list