Sony Xperia XZ Premium (g8141/g8142) (RoW/DSDS) launched in February 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. Here we have the latest Custom ROM which brings all the Google Pixel phone features on your Sony Xperia XZ Premium. This custom ROM is known as Google Pixel Experience ROM. Now you can download and install Pixel Experience ROM on Sony Xperia XZ Premium based on Android 11.
Talking about the specifications, Sony Xperia XZ Premium features a 5.46-inches display with a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Sony Xperia XZ Premium comes with 19 MP rear camera and 13MP front shooting camera. Sony Xperia XZ Premium runs on Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box and a Non-removable Li-Ion 3230 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has a fingerprint sensor in the side.
What is Pixel Experience ROM?
As the name suggests, ROM brings the real Google Pixel Experience ROM on Sony Xperia XZ Premium. It has all the features and applications which come out of the box with the Google Pixel smartphone. Now you can experience the real Pixel Smartphone with this ROM. With this ROM, you can enjoy
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
Here you can download and install the latest Google Pixel Experienced ROM for Sony Xperia XZ Premium based on Android 11 now available. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
Steps to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Sony Xperia XZ Premium
To install this ROM on Sony Xperia XZ Premium, First of all, you need to Unlock the Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery.
- Supported Smartphone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
- Charge the Sony Xperia XZ Premium to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on an Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to your PC.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Sony Xperia XZ Premium Internal storage.
- You can reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Pixel Experience ROM on Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Zip -> select Pixel Experiece.zip file.
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- List of Pixel Experience ROM Supported Devices