Huawei P20 Lite (Codenamed: hi6250) was launched in March 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called PixysOS on Huawei P20 Lite. The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie and developed by XDA Senior member Askuccio_DROID. Full Credits to him and the team behind PixysOS. Supported device model are: ANE-AL00, ANE-L01, ANE-L21, ANE-L03, ANE-L23, ANE-L02 and more.
Huawei P20 Lite was launched in March 2018. Huawei P20 Lite features a 5.84-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64/128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei P20 Lite comes with Dual 16 MP + 2 MP with LED flash rear camera and 16MP + 24MP front shooting camera for selfies. The handset came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreoand backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 9V/2A. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
To install PixysOS on Huawei P20 Lite, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new PixysOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of PixysOS.
What is PixysOS?
PixysOS is a new aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project which is also known as AOSP. With this PixyOS, you are going to witness the best features around and you will get taste the unique features it brings with itself. The ROM aims to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install PixysOS on Huawei P20 Lite:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Huawei P20 Lite (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Huawei P20 Lite.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Lite
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download PixyOS ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Huawei P20 Lite.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded PixysOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy PixysOS on Huawei P20 Lite (Hi6250).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Pie.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the PixysOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Download November 2018 Security for Huawei P20 Lite [ANE-L01 / L21]
- Download October 2018 Security for Huawei P20 Lite [ANE-L01 / ANE-L21]
- How To Install crDroid OS Oreo on Huawei P20 Lite
- How to boot Huawei P20 lite into safe mode
- ByPass FRP lock or Remove Google Account on Huawei P20 Lite [ANE]
- Download Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei P20 Lite