Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus (z2_plus) was launched in May 2016 The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and later upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat. Now you can install the Custom ROM called PixysOS on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus. The ROM is based on Android 10 Q. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind PixysOS. Also special thanks to XDA member nikhil.gohil3 for sharing this on XDA forum.
To install PixysOS on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new PixysOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of PixysOS.
Talking about the specifications, Lenovo ZUK Z2 features a 5.0-inches LTPS IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM and Adreno 530 GPU. The phone comes with 32/64GB internal memory and there is no microSD card support. The camera on the Lenovo ZUK Z2 comes with the 13MP rear camera and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery.
What is PixysOS?
PixysOS is a new aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project which is also known as AOSP. With this PixyOS, you are going to witness the best features around and you will get taste the unique features it brings with itself. The ROM aims to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.
What’s on Android 10?
Android 10 is the 10th iteration of Android OS which is also known as Android Q. The update brings new system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
- Download Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus) [Updated]
- Download Lineage OS 17.1 for Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus) based on Android 10 Q
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Lenovo ZUK Z2
Steps to Install PixysOS on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Lenovo USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download PixyOS ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded PixysOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android 10 Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy PixysOS on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the PixysOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads