Motorola Moto G 2015 (osprey) was launched in July 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and later upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Now you can install the Custom ROM called PixysOS on Moto G 2015. The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind PixysOS.
To install PixysOS on Moto G 2015, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new PixysOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of PixysOS.
Talking about the specifications, Moto G 2015 features a 5.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/128GB internal memory. The camera on the Moto G 2015 comes with 12.3MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 2770 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the back.
What is PixysOS?
PixysOS is a new aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project which is also known as AOSP. With this PixyOS, you are going to witness the best features around and you will get taste the unique features it brings with itself. The ROM aims to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Motorola Moto G 2015 based on Android 10 Q
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Moto G 2015 (osprey) (Moto G3)
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Motorola Moto G 2015
Steps to Install PixysOS on Moto G 2015:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Moto G 2015 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Motorola USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Moto G 2015.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Moto G 2015
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download PixyOS ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Moto G 2015.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Motorola Moto G 2015Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded PixysOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy PixysOS on Moto G 2015 (osprey).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Pie.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the PixysOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads