OnePlus 2 (oneplus2) was launched in July 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.1 Lollipop and later upgrade to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Now you can install the Custom ROM called PixysOS on OnePlus 2. The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind PixysOS.
To install PixysOS on OnePlus 2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new PixysOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of PixysOS.
Talking about the specs, OnePlus 2 sports 5.50-inch Optic AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor clubbed with either 3GB or 4GB RAM and comes with onboard storage of 16/64 GB. No microSD card support. OnePlus 2 comes with the 13MP primary camera and it has 5MP at the front for selfie shoot. OnePlus 2 supports dual sim and has Type-C 1.0 reversible connector. Other connectivity options are Wi-Fi, 4G, 3G, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, Fingerprint (front) and GPS.
Table of Contents
What is PixysOS?
PixysOS is a new aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project which is also known as AOSP. With this PixyOS, you are going to witness the best features around and you will get taste the unique features it brings with itself. The ROM aims to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- Download and Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus 2
- List of Best Custom ROM for OnePlus 2 [Updated]
- Download and install AOSP Android 10 Q ROM for OnePlus 2
- Download Official Lineage OS 17.1 for OnePlus 2 based on Android 10 Q
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For OnePlus 2
Steps to Install PixysOS on OnePlus 2:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: OnePlus 2 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on OnePlus 2.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 2
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download PixyOS ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on OnePlus 2.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded PixysOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy PixysOS on OnePlus 2 (oneplus2).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Pie.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the PixysOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads