Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime (markw) launched in November 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Now you can install the Custom ROM called PixysOS on Redmi 4 Prime. The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind PixysOS.
To install PixysOS on Redmi 4 Prime, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new PixysOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of PixysOS.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime features a 5 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The device is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (14 nm) processor under Adreno 506 GPU. The handset packs 32GB variant with 3GB of RAM. Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime sports a Single rear camera with 13MP camera and Single Selfie camera with 5MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow under MIUI 8 software package and backed by 4100 mAh battery. It has a fingerprint reader on the back.
What is PixysOS?
PixysOS is a new aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project which is also known as AOSP. With this PixyOS, you are going to witness the best features around and you will get taste the unique features it brings with itself. The ROM aims to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime based on Android 10 Q
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime/Pro [Updated]
- How to Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi 4 Prime
- Download Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
Steps to Install PixysOS on Redmi 4 Prime:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Redmi 4 Prime (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Redmi 4 Prime.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Redmi 4 Prime
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download PixyOS ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Redmi 4 Prime.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded PixysOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy PixysOS on Redmi 4 Prime (markw).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Pie.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the PixysOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.Trending Topics
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads